NX5510 radio plug?

/ NX5510 radio plug? #21  
I went to Best Buy this past summer and there they told me they had nothing.

Three Best Buy executives live in my city house neighborhood. Sigh.

From Amazon I ordered the 70-7712 kit as well as the 70-7713 kit because the 13 kit looks like it may have the RCA wires on it already.

Last edited:
   / NX5510 radio plug? #22  
I went to Best Buy and there they told me they had nothing.

Three Best Buy executives live in my city house neighborhood. Sigh.

From Amazon I ordered the 70-7712 kit as well as the 70-7713 kit because the 13 kit looks like it may have the RCA wires on it already.

Cool! Let us know what you find. Haven't you already installed your radio/player though?

/ NX5510 radio plug? #24  
Yes I used the plug just plug it in your done in minutes

/ NX5510 radio plug? #25  
Received both kits. The plugs look identical, but the -13 kit's plug is ever-so-slightly larger.

My tractor is in a pole barn near Twin Lakes, and so it'll be some time before I can mess with the radio again.

I also ordered in larger 13mm ferrites in my on-going radio interference with cheap, china LEDs throwing off emf and messing up the radio reception.

/ NX5510 radio plug? #26  
My radio installation was not done with stereo retrofitted radio and who needs that in a diesel powered tractor type vehicle anyway. My NEW CK2510 came with A Kioti FIELD cab and what I thought was prewired audio speakers in the cab. Not so and I don't even think it is prewired for speakers. The speakers turned out to be just the cosmetic trim or outside trim pieces. No problem as all I did wAS to slide in a couple of new wires for speakers ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT REar of cab.

I think the easiest solution is to just clip off the cab wiring plug and connect up to the radio wires (all marked) with double ended tubular wire crimped connectors. I should have this job done tomorrow so I will report back. I'll get a pair of speakers in the morning and go to work.

rim

/ NX5510 radio plug? #27  
[snip]

I think the easiest solution is to just clip off the cab wiring plug and connect up to the radio wires (all marked) with double ended tubular wire crimped connectors. I should have this job done tomorrow so I will report back. I'll get a pair of speakers in the morning and go to work.

rim

I think the connections would actually be more secure, less susceptible to corrosion, and easier to change later without cutting the wires if you just strip the ends, twist the stranded wires together, screw on small wire nuts, then wrap each nut with vinyl electrical tape. I've never been a fan of the tubular crimp connectors for severe service applications. :2cents:

/ NX5510 radio plug? #28  
I think the connections would actually be more secure, less susceptible to corrosion, and easier to change later without cutting the wires if you just strip the ends, twist the stranded wires together, screw on small wire nuts, then wrap each nut with vinyl electrical tape. I've never been a fan of the tubular crimp connectors for severe service applications. :2cents
[/QUOTE]
=================================================

Thanks Threepoint;

The only bad thing about both of our versions is that we have a big job ahead if we ever have to pull the radio. After I penned my post it occurred to me I better provide a better way to allow for a unhook rather then a butcher job if I have to hack those connections in order to remove the radio.

My solution was to use those little slide in connectors (one small spade which slides into a female conjnector).
glad I made this last minute change the slide in connectors are gooing to work fine I believe..

rimshot

/ NX5510 radio plug? #29  
The factory radio is onlY $220 why go thru all the aggravation!!! And it plugs right In no interference or anything!! It has a USB port!!! So you can connect a weather band to it or cb!!! ?? If you really need that???

/ NX5510 radio plug? #30  
The factory radio is onlY $220 why go thru all the aggravation!!! And it plugs right In no interference or anything!! It has a USB port!!! So you can connect a weather band to it or cb!!! ?? If you really need that???

To each his own. ;) My Pyle marine aftermarket radio (see my post #14) was an easy install, cost $46, and has built-in NOAA weather bands and a USB port. Good sound quality, with zero electrical or other interference. So far so good.

Congratulations on your new NX5510, BTW!