NX Options (or lack thereof)

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #1  

biodegraded

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1754
I am interested in the Kioti NX series with a cab and hst. I got to options and am drawing something of a blank. The following are important to me:

• Three float rear remotes
  • Loader third function
  • Ability to attach a future backhoe
My understanding is that I can order at most two rear remotes. Yet there are three remote levers in the cab?
There is no factory loader third function to be had.
The NX backhoe only works with rops, not cab.

Is my understanding accurate? Thanks.

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #2  
My understanding is no float on the valves, but the only thing that you need to do to get the 3 remotes is get a 2nd, 2nd valve set and then get 3rd party through bolts to get it all bolted up.

Loader 3rd function has to be 3rd party.

No hoe. Maybe from Woods? :confused3:

If you need these things and for them to be OEM, then you need to be looking at a different manufacturer. :(

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #3  
I am interested in the Kioti NX series with a cab and hst. I got to options and am drawing something of a blank. The following are important to me:

• Three float rear remotes
  • Loader third function
  • Ability to attach a future backhoe
My understanding is that I can order at most two rear remotes. Yet there are three remote levers in the cab?
There is no factory loader third function to be had.
The NX backhoe only works with rops, not cab.

Is my understanding accurate? Thanks.

Last spring I suffered all the same things as you do now. Allow me to clarify some mystery. First, I'm hoping to be able to offer a Land & Snow NX 3rd function kit through distribution (your dealer) next summer for the NX series. If i cannot do it through distribution, i'll sell kits direct. You can get 3 remote valves in back right now that hook up in the cab perfectly. They do not float but a detent is available so you can have them supply constant pressure or variable. I'm not aware of attachments that require float from hydros. The rear 3pt floats, not rear remote valve.

Kioti now offers a NX backhoe.

My NX6010

10479058_10202479729334030_4237051252646218386_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / NX Options (or lack thereof) #4  
There are times when it sure is nice to have that "T&T" set be able to float.

I have had many customers that specifically want to have the top link float to be able to have their rear cutter be able to go over a steep bank down to their ponds, more than what the swivel mount allows for. When finish grading-smoothing a road, especially at intersections where the crown of the road changes, it is great to be able to have the side link in float mode so that implement not only floats up & down, but each side can move up-down independently and follows the ground contour instead of the tractor. That is only an example for each cylinder in float mode, so that is a reason for 2 valves to have the float function, I'm sure that there are others.

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #5  
Not offering a valve slice with float is shortsighted, period.

Having experience with other brands OEM 3rd function kits, the advantage to an OEM kit is ease of procurement and that's about it. It is not difficult to design and install one from generic components. It surely will be less expensive than an OEM kit and at least as functional and durable if done with those qualities in mind.

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #6  
There are times when it sure is nice to have that "T&T" set be able to float.

I have had many customers that specifically want to have the top link float to be able to have their rear cutter be able to go over a steep bank down to their ponds, more than what the swivel mount allows for. When finish grading-smoothing a road, especially at intersections where the crown of the road changes, it is great to be able to have the side link in float mode so that implement not only floats up & down, but each side can move up-down independently and follows the ground contour instead of the tractor. That is only an example for each cylinder in float mode, so that is a reason for 2 valves to have the float function, I'm sure that there are others.

To convert the valve into a floatable valve, one needs to remove the stock cable-actuated valve, and screw in a cable-actuated floating valve into the stackable valve body, just as one screws in a detent for constant flow into the valve body. The threads are BSPP. Ring up Surplus Supply.

BTW, I need to get a double acting tilt ram for my NX with the right sized clevis on top and bottom from you. I don't need any other hydraulic fittings. I have the measurements if you don't have them for the NX5510 and NX6010 which are different than the NX4510 and NX5010.

/ NX Options (or lack thereof)
It sounds like I could get everything I want, but it involves considerable personal time to get it there after purchase. Except the backhoe - I misread what their description meant about rops - that's just a cya safety disclaimer - it hooks fine to a cab NX.

Double acting float rear remotes, at least for top and tilt, are important for my needs. My property is hilly and I have a creek with variably sloped embankments. A lot of the time I want implements to contour follow undulating ground. I guess I'd need to do everything third party except perhaps use their remote lever/cable assembly. Ditto for third function, including modifying or replacing the joystick for the control switch. Or wait for Eric's future kit.

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #8  
It sounds like I could get everything I want, but it involves considerable personal time to get it there after purchase. Except the backhoe - I misread what their description meant about rops - that's just a cya safety disclaimer - it hooks fine to a cab NX.

Double acting float rear remotes, at least for top and tilt, are important for my needs. My property is hilly and I have a creek with variably sloped embankments. A lot of the time I want implements to contour follow undulating ground. I guess I'd need to do everything third party except perhaps use their remote lever/cable assembly. Ditto for third function, including modifying or replacing the joystick for the control switch. Or wait for Eric's future kit.

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.

When I shopped all the major OEM's for a 60ish hp tractor late winter this year, none of them offers floating rear valves. Unless things have changed, that is one thing you'll need to do to any of them.

What will happen with a floating box blade is that it will follow the undulating ground, not smooth it over. While the three point itself floats up and down having only gravity weighting it down, the idea of the top and tilt is to change the angle of attack of the scarifiers and blade relative to the ground you're on. The tilt with a fixed two way valve allows the operator to cut a grade in that they want even if the tractor itself is not on that grade. In other words, a tilt could allow you to cut a drainage ditch in on level ground or cut a level road in along a hillside.

Next year, I'll make video of all of these things.

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #9  
When ordering the 3rd rear remote kit, does it matter if you order a kit for the first or second position according to the parts book?

/ NX Options (or lack thereof) #10  
When ordering the 3rd rear remote kit, does it matter if you order a kit for the first or second position according to the parts book?

You or your dealer will need longer bolts from somebody like Fastenall in order to clamp it all down (use hardened bolts). As I recall, you need one number one kit and two number two kits. Any kit can come with a detent or no detent. You only want a detent to hold the valve open if you have something that requires continuous flow. In your case, what you want to do is get your hands on a kit before it is installed so you can size cable actuated floating valves. Your dealer likely can handle all of this for you.

BTW, if they have not don it before, tell your dealer to pull the seat and then pull the right fender for the cable and lever install. My dealer had a hack of a lift tech do it and he scratched up the interior more than I did tearing it all the way out and putting it all the way back together again. If you're handy, installing the cable kits is very straightforward. you can see from this photo and the other photo I posted how the cables are rounded inside. Fear not, your tractor has far less wiring going on than what is shown in the photo. I added many things.

10524734_10202615478967686_1236111323672075018_n.jpg

Anyway, are you circling around the NX series or fact-finding?