Comparison Differences between RX 20 series tractors?

/ Differences between RX 20 series tractors? #1  

KiwiBro

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7620
There are 66 and 73 HP options in USA and we have a 76 HP option here down under also. Seems to me the only difference is the fuel pump being turned up. Can anyone see any other differences please?

Thanks,
Tony

/ Differences between RX 20 series tractors? #2  
Just speculating, but it is most likely due to Emission T4 standards in the US. If engine is listed/rated over 75 HP it falls into another (higher/more stringent) emission rating. Changing the ECU program for fuel injection quantity & timing will change the HP.

/ Differences between RX 20 series tractors?
You're onto it. We don't have the t4 legal requirement down here. However is fuel delivery the only difference between them? Looks like same engine and chassis. Hydraulic flow rates vary but is that different pump. Can anyone see any differences between the 20 series models?

Same engine for the 66/73/76HP models.

Can anyone help point me to a link detailing the engine IPL's please?

Either I'm not seeing it or some marketing genius at Kioti has decided us plebs don't need to know what the engine differences are or how such difference may influence longevity.

Thanks.

/ Differences between RX 20 series tractors? #5  
There could be some additions to the engine that aren't listed besides just turning up the injection pump. Adding an intercooler to cool the intake air provides about 10 HP and then add a turbocharger on top of that will get you some more from the same engine. They may not list those adders to the engine but there is a limit to how much power you can get from just turning up the pump before it starts to pump out unburned diesel.
As for the rest of the Power Train, if it is designed to handle the upper limit then there is not problem with the smaller HP.
Just about all (if not all) manufacturers do the same thing by making around 3 models with the same frame size and components and just tweaking the engine to get what is needed. My 2010 model P7010 LS came in 3 engine sizes 70,80 and 90+ HP. I think the newer models have even more HP in the same frame size.

There could be some additions to the engine that aren't listed besides just turning up the injection pump. Adding an intercooler to cool the intake air provides about 10 HP and then add a turbocharger on top of that will get you some more from the same engine. They may not list those adders to the engine but there is a limit to how much power you can get from just turning up the pump before it starts to pump out unburned diesel.
As for the rest of the Power Train, if it is designed to handle the upper limit then there is not problem with the smaller HP.
Just about all (if not all) manufacturers do the same thing by making around 3 models with the same frame size and components and just tweaking the engine to get what is needed. My 2010 model P7010 LS came in 3 engine sizes 70,80 and 90+ HP. I think the newer models have even more HP in the same frame size.

I've downloaded the service manual and from I can make out there is zero difference between them other than ECU settings. If that is the case, I wonder what the engine life differences are between a 66HP and 76HP model. Maybe so small to be irrelevant?

Also, I don't see many RX 20-series tractors being advertised up there and I can't find any substantial reviews of this series anywhere on the net that I have looked thus far. Does anyone know of any non-marketing (i.e. real-world) owner reviews or discussions about this series of Kioti tractor? Is it just too new for there to be many out there? Not sure I want to be an early adopter and working out any kinks with the dealer.

/ Differences between RX 20 series tractors? #7  
I've downloaded the service manual and from I can make out there is zero difference between them other than ECU settings. If that is the case, I wonder what the engine life differences are between a 66HP and 76HP model. Maybe so small to be irrelevant?

Also, I don't see many RX 20-series tractors being advertised up there and I can't find any substantial reviews of this series anywhere on the net that I have looked thus far. Does anyone know of any non-marketing (i.e. real-world) owner reviews or discussions about this series of Kioti tractor? Is it just too new for there to be many out there? Not sure I want to be an early adopter and working out any kinks with the dealer.

They're newer, but not brand new, been around for a few years I think. A few people here have them, and I haven't seen any complaints about them.

/ Differences between RX 20 series tractors? #8  
I think SSdoxie is right about the Tier 4 criteria, because the 7320 and 7620 appear to be the same tractor. The 6620 is a slightly smaller tractor in length, width, weight, tire size, etc.. The 6620 does have the advantage in that it can be fitted with a frame mounted backhoe from Kioti, but not the 7320. Although I'm sure an aftermarket backhoe could be found if the need was there.

Take care

870Wing

/ Differences between RX 20 series tractors? #9  
What aside from reviews are you looking for? What exactly do you want to use a particular Kioti model/HP to accomplish?
As a for instance, my Yamaha 225HP fuel injected four stroke outboard is the EXACT same engine from 200-300HP. Just different torque and fuel curves, controlled by the brain. Oh, and way more money too for the higher horses. It's the wave of the present and future of engines. My 2015 Toy Forerunner is a 6 cylinder that has larger displacement, more torque and power than did my '011, and again more than my 2007 model, and they no longer offer 8 cylinders. It's the way to save on cost of multiple engines, engineering, manufacturing and efficiency of fuel use.

What aside from reviews are you looking for?
Must have wide, child-bearing hips, be a fitness fanatic, like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

But more seriously, my needs beyond real-world reviews backed by real-world use, are almost irrelevant at this point. For if I can't find enough credible people willing to share their experience with such a tractor series, I'm not about to be an early adopter on the potentially bleeding edge.