Kioti NX Series Engine Variations

/ Kioti NX Series Engine Variations #1  

RockyNY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010CH
According to the Kioti website, the exact same engine is used throughout the entire NX series, with all specs including displacement and aspiration type (natural) being the same. Yet the Kioti printed brochure specifies all models as having a turbo, and all models are advertised as being turbo charged. I've read on TBN that the difference between the 4510 and 5010 is solely the fuel delivery system, so what's the difference between the other models?

/ Kioti NX Series Engine Variations #2  
According to the Kioti website, the exact same engine is used throughout the entire NX series, with all specs including displacement and aspiration type (natural) being the same. Yet the Kioti printed brochure specifies all models as having a turbo, and all models are advertised as being turbo charged. I've read on TBN that the difference between the 4510 and 5010 is solely the fuel delivery system, so what's the difference between the other models?

Without cracking open the manual, the difference is likely injection dwell time and turbo boost pressure.

/ Kioti NX Series Engine Variations
Thanks.

/ Kioti NX Series Engine Variations #4  
Without cracking open the manual, the difference is likely injection dwell time and turbo boost pressure.

So.... does that mean one could theoretically boost the 4510 engine to match the 6010? Obviously you need to know what you're doing.

May be a stupid question, but I'm not exactly a diesel mechanic.

/ Kioti NX Series Engine Variations
So.... does that mean one could theoretically boost the 4510 engine to match the 6010? Obviously you need to know what you're doing.

May be a stupid question, but I'm not exactly a diesel mechanic.

That's what I was thinking too. But since so much is electronic, you might need electronic modules or an ECU from a NX6010, unless they're programmable.