Kioti DK 35 Questions

/ Kioti DK 35 Questions #1  

kemary

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35, Cub Cadet 3204
There is a DK 35 coming up for auction near me in a couple of weeks and I have a few questions for the Kioti experts:) This is a DK35 not a SE model. It has the 8 speed shuttle transmission. Is this transmission like a glideshift or is the clutch used when shifting between gears? If the clutch is needed, the transmission is syncronized, correct? Is the clutch used for the forward/reverse shuttle or is it hydraulic? TractorData does not list loader specs for this tractor, the loader is a KL1450, would this tractor handle 1000lb 4x4 round bales? Just moving them, not stacking them. The tractor has about 1000 hours and looks to be in decent condition, what is it worth? Also has there been any inherent problems with this model? Thanks!

/ Kioti DK 35 Questions #2  
It is a synchronized shuttle so the clutch needs to be used to forward/reverse.
The transmission is synchronized, so you can shift gears on the fly, but you do need to use the clutch to shift.
You need to stop to change ranges (high/low range)

KL 1450 loader
lift height 103.5"
bucket dump angle 65*
lift capacity to full height a pivot pins 1,350 lbs
breakout force 2,100 lbs
relief valve setting 2,300 psi
lift cylinder 2.0"x 17.56"
bucket cylinder 1.75"x14.0"

I have a DK 35 with 1900 + hours and its been great. No problems.
The 1450 loader works good, but the roll back power for the bucket is weak.
I added bigger bucket tilt cylinders to mine for more rollback power

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK 35 Questions #3  
There is a DK 35 coming up for auction near me in a couple of weeks and I have a few questions for the Kioti experts:) This is a DK35 not a SE model. It has the 8 speed shuttle transmission. Is this transmission like a glideshift or is the clutch used when shifting between gears? If the clutch is needed, the transmission is syncronized, correct? Is the clutch used for the forward/reverse shuttle or is it hydraulic? TractorData does not list loader specs for this tractor, the loader is a KL1450, would this tractor handle 1000lb 4x4 round bales? Just moving them, not stacking them. The tractor has about 1000 hours and looks to be in decent condition, what is it worth? Also has there been any inherent problems with this model? Thanks!

I am not certain of the answers. I think I know but I don't want to tell you wrong. DK35vince will have the answers, as he has one.

Here are my answers, No, it is not like a glideshift, and you must clutch. I think it is synchronized. Clutch between directions. I think the loader would move 1000 lb bales, but might not stack them. No problems that I know of. I would put its worth at around $12,000 if in good shape. Again, you need to send a PM to DK35vince, as he will know for sure.

/ Kioti DK 35 Questions #4  
Well, looks like Dk35vince showed up on his own!:thumbsup:

/ Kioti DK 35 Questions #5  
Vince what do you think one with 1000 hours is worth?

/ Kioti DK 35 Questions
Thanks for the replies. I have only seen pictures of it so far, not in person and I know pictures can be deceiving. The tractor has R-4 tires and 1 rear remote. The seat and sheetmetal look good. It has the ssqa on the loader and has a set of pallet forks along with the bucket. The top edge of the bucket is a little bent up but the cutting edge looks straight. The transmission sounds good. The unsyncronized transmission on my old Yanmar is my biggest complaint about it. I have 3000 hrs on the Yanmar and it still looks good and runs great. I have had it for 25 years and I have been looking for something a little newer. Again thanks for the info.

/ Kioti DK 35 Questions #9  
I am a newbie to tractors and the site but did just purchase a 2004 DK35 from a local dealer so can possibly chime in with pricing info. It has 2,200 hours, recent full service and new hydraulics including pump and some other new parts including glow plugs. It has rear hydraulics. It had been a long time customers tractor who became ill when it was in for service. I run a non profit equine therapy program so I pushed pretty hard on price. I paid $10,800 with delivery, a new drag harrow and slightly used 72" box scraper. So far I've been impressed.

/ Kioti DK 35 Questions
Auction today. Tractor looked fairly decent but I don't think maintenance was one of the guys higher priorities. The engine and radiator were packed with debris from brush cutting or something. And we have been buried in snow for 3 months so it has been there a while. Tires were fairly worn, seat torn, one light broke out. The ssqa was aftermarket and had been welded on the bucket. Motor sounded good etc. I bid it to $10,000 and someone else got it for $10,250. Oh well, I tried.