Kioti Ranking?

/ Kioti Ranking? #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I guess Kubota is the #1 selling tractor in this class, how does Kioti rank? Is it catching up?

/ Kioti Ranking? #2  
What "class"?
SCUT, CUT, Utility, Ag?

Where?
The world?
North America?
The US?
N.E. Pa.?

To whom?
ALL people?
Farmers?
Retired male 60 year olds?

I bet JD outsells in most every class in the US due to it's popularity with government.

/ Kioti Ranking? #3  
I think last I heard Kubota was #1 for CUTs, Deere was #2, and everybody else was a very distant 3rd and on up. Being newer/smaller, Kioti is probably at the tail end of the pack in terms of sales numbers.

/ Kioti Ranking? #4  
World market data.

The market for tractors in the US, Canada and the European Union combined is less than tractor sales in China (420,000 to 445,000) and much less than India: 619,000. Brands are not broken out: not surprising since "Kioti" tractors also seem to be sold as Daedong, Landini, McCormick, and possibly other brands worldwide.
19636_1.jpg

/ Kioti Ranking? #5  
World market data.

The market for tractors in the US, Canada and the European Union combined is less than tractor sales in China (420,000 to 445,000) and much less than India: 619,000. Brands are not broken out: not surprising since "Kioti" tractors also seem to be sold as Daedong, Landini, McCormick, and possibly other brands worldwide.

Does that data reflect purchases or manufacture of tractors?

Odd because I rather doubt Japan leads the world in tractor use so perhaps it is tractors manufactured. On the other hand, it is hard to imagine the US increasing the number of sales significantly given that we only produce very large expensive tractors while Korea produces only CUTs. Also, virtually all JD CUTs and SCUTs would count in the Japan pile as they are still I believe all manufactured by Yanmar.

Edit: on further review, it is clearly the number of tractors purchased in each country. The misleading graph just shows percentage change over the prior year, a mostly meaningless statistic. Looks like China and India are the two biggest purchasers. I imagine that puts Mahindra right up at the top of the pile in numbers of tractors manufactured per year globally. We don't yet have a well recognized export brand from China yet but I'm sure that will come soon given all the experience Chinese manufacturers must be getting. Imagine they may be behind in Tier 4 engine development though.

/ Kioti Ranking? #6  
Japanese market has a huge change over because of their retarded emissions rules. This is why you can buy nearly new Japanese motors and vehicles by the boat load in Australia and to some extent up here as well.

/ Kioti Ranking? #7  
Makes you wonder why we are not emigrating to India or China. The opportunities there must be staggering.

/ Kioti Ranking? #8  
Makes you wonder why we are not emigrating to India or China. The opportunities there must be staggering.

Not if you're a water buffalo! :laughing:

I haven't been to China but India is full of tractors and in rural areas tractors are like our pickup trucks. They are used not only in ground engaging tasks but also for a lot of trailer towing. Interestingly there are many fewer FELs there. Tractor use is not replacing men with shovels so much as beasts of burden.