is a ck20 enough?

/ is a ck20 enough? #1  

gray

Silver Member
Upper Peninsula of Michigan, on the shore of Super
Tractor
Kubota L48 tlb
I have a 48HP tractor that my friend likes. He does not want the size or cost of a unit like mine so I told him I would look for some options he might use for his needs. I have read many postings about the Kioti brand and am convinced of the value so started looking at this brand for him. He would like to do the following with a tractor. Mow about an acre of great lawn. Move sand off his lawn form hard Lake Superior winds. Snow blow about 300 ft of gravel road with occational drifts of 4 ft.
I have got a price on a package of this type but am unsure if the tractor is enough for this? Also , I have read that Kioti is soon to introduce larger HST units soon that may suit his needs more?

/ is a ck20 enough?
I will pass your number on to him. I will be seeing him in a few days.

When is Kioti going to have the ck25 or 30 available? He may want to spring for a bit larger tractor.

Thanks Ken.

/ is a ck20 enough? #5  
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Check out the Power Trac PT-425 at http://www.power-trac.com/t8class.htm !

It will mow or brush cut; remove sand with Bucket or Power Sweeper; remove snow with Snow Blower, Bucket, or Snow Blade; and do many other jobs easily and efficiently without damaging lawn!! All hydraulic, 25hp, full-time all-wheel drive, and built in the USA!! $9,000 with FEL!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 375095-NEW  PT425 b .jpg
    375095-NEW PT425 b .jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 186
   / is a ck20 enough? #6  
I do more than that, with the exception of snow, here in Florida with my CK20HST,FEL, BH,Boxblade, boompole and rotary mower. John

/ is a ck20 enough? #7  
gray,

Let me first say that I have a Kioti LB1914, and I love it. I think Kioti is a great value!

That said...I'm not sure the CK20 is a good choice. The reason is not because it's a bad tractor...but because it's so heavy. It'd be great for the snow and loader work, but it might leave huge ruts even with the floatation turfs. The other potential problem is mowing. If it's just an acre, there's probably a lot of obstacles...and handling those with a RFM isn't all that fun.

Considering the small list of duties, I might look at something lighter...and with the possibility of a MMM. (Kubota BX, Massey G2300, Cub Cadet 5000 series, etc.)

Again, don't take this as a knock against Kioti...just my opinion on applicability /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sam

/ is a ck20 enough? #8  
<font color="blue">The other potential problem is mowing. If it's just an acre, there's probably a lot of obstacles...and handling those with a RFM isn't all that fun.
</font>
There is a MMM (mid mount mower) available for the CK20.

<font color="blue"> It'd be great for the snow and loader work, but it might leave huge ruts even with the floatation turfs. </font>

I have not heard that before. There are some CK20 owners with the MMM that visit here.....so when they check in, we'll see what their experiences have been.

Don

/ is a ck20 enough?
Sam and Don.

The lawn he has is without obsticals. It has some slope on it. He is looking at a RFM because it is much easier to put on and remove.
I must ask if there are great restrictions if a MMM is kept on while doing other work? I would think there are.

Is a quick tach loader system a good thing on this small unit? It may take some loader lift away? Is it available?

Just hoping Kioti comes out with a a 25 or 30 hp HST soon. This purchase is going to happen some time in April or May.
We have snow on the ground till May and in some years June.

/ is a ck20 enough? #10  
The MMM does have a lot of brackets that take up some ground clearence. Personal i perfer the RFM over the MMM. Its easier to maintain, get on and off, and you dont have the mess of all the brackets. The MMM will only cut down to 2.5 inches, the RFM will go much much lower.

The loader for the CK20 is a quick attach loader. It is a very nice loader. All of kiotis loaders are quick attach style loaders that are easy to get on and off.