New NX6010 owner!

/ New NX6010 owner! #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
Just signed the papers and dropped off the money on a new 2014 NX6010HST cab. I pick it up tomorrow. Took a lot of consideration, but it was time for one new cab tractor so I can sell my Bobcat at some point. The NX-series is not perfect, but it's definitely a lot of tractor for the money.

Will have some pics tomorrow as I'm going to start putting it to work right away :)

/ New NX6010 owner! #3  
Congratulations on your new tractor, very nice machine, EricTheOracle has one he's mad some really neat mods to if you haven't seen his thread.

/ New NX6010 owner! #4  
Congratulations on the new tractor :thumbsup:

/ New NX6010 owner! #5  
Yeah April 10th, 2015! Tractor Day!
Tomorrow is also my day, (of delivery - DK50HST open platform).

Congratulations!
Cheers!
Prost!
Wiwaty!

:drink:

/ New NX6010 owner!
A hint over 10 hours on now, and a few observations to share. First, the bad:

1. The hydrostatic is mediocre. Not a whole lot of power in M/H... in low it will pull a house. I think Kubota's glide-shift is the best option. The shifter is hard to get between ranges, you either have to pull it really hard, or blip the HST pedal enough to activate it... and then shift. But if there's any movement whatsoever, it'll grind. If Kioti had a glide-shift like my L3650 had, that's what I should have gone with.

2. Cheap plastic in the cab, and since I'm 6'5, with the seat back the right arm (there's no left arm) touches the cab plastic and makes a lot of noise. Will probably end up removing the arm?

3. At the last moment, the only tractor they had that ran had the factory radio. It's okay. But the factory speakers suck and there's not room for decent ones.

4. Back to #1, when pulling into a pile... even with no stall activated, there is no trouble stalling the tractor. The problem seems to be that once the hydrostatic is "behind", even if you let off the pedal it continues to push forward... so once you hear it start to stall, it may be too late.

5. Loader hoses on every one of the NX tractors seem to touch the sharp edge below the foot rests... not sure why they didn't at least put a sleeve there.

6. The cab "leaks" a lot of air it seems. After a few hours using a box blade in some dry ground, there seems to be a lot of dust in the cab. Had the AC on recirc and everything closed up.

7. The rear 3-point control is great, however the tires are so big and the 3-point is so short, there is barely room to get between the implement and back of the tractor. I am concerned about a quick hitch as Eric pointed out it may not fit.

Overall, I am still quite happy... and mechanically, everything seems to be over-built. Definitely some bugs/etc. to be worked out though by Kioti.

/ New NX6010 owner! #9  

1. The hydrostatic is mediocre. Not a whole lot of power in M/H... in low it will pull a house. I think Kubota's glide-shift is the best option. The shifter is hard to get between ranges, you either have to pull it really hard, or blip the HST pedal enough to activate it... and then shift. But if there's any movement whatsoever, it'll grind. If Kioti had a glide-shift like my L3650 had, that's what I should have gone with.

2. Cheap plastic in the cab, and since I'm 6'5, with the seat back the right arm (there's no left arm) touches the cab plastic and makes a lot of noise. Will probably end up removing the arm?

3. At the last moment, the only tractor they had that ran had the factory radio. It's okay. But the factory speakers suck and there's not room for decent ones.

4. Back to #1, when pulling into a pile... even with no stall activated, there is no trouble stalling the tractor. The problem seems to be that once the hydrostatic is "behind", even if you let off the pedal it continues to push forward... so once you hear it start to stall, it may be too late.

5. Loader hoses on every one of the NX tractors seem to touch the sharp edge below the foot rests... not sure why they didn't at least put a sleeve there.

6. The cab "leaks" a lot of air it seems. After a few hours using a box blade in some dry ground, there seems to be a lot of dust in the cab. Had the AC on recirc and everything closed up.

7. The rear 3-point control is great, however the tires are so big and the 3-point is so short, there is barely room to get between the implement and back of the tractor. I am concerned about a quick hitch as Eric pointed out it may not fit.

Overall, I am still quite happy... and mechanically, everything seems to be over-built. Definitely some bugs/etc. to be worked out though by Kioti.

Believe it or not, when I removed my entire interior to sound dampen, there weren't too many holes on the underside. The dust is most likely coming from the pair of side intake vents on the underside of the cab cap that feeds the HVAC. However, each vent has a filter. The filters are inspected by removing the two thumb screws and dropping the vent cover from the outside.

The rear fenders need to be redesigned for space. Other manufacturers do not mount their fenders so far rearward. Both of my fenders are broken from hitting them with my CAT 2 Quick Hitch. My right rear fender was eviscerated by a red oak, but that oak did me a favor by turning the half-missing rear fender extension into a feature since it allows better access to installing PTO shafts since the fender went AWOL. In time I plan to remove both rear fender extensions and install a length of conveyor belt as fender extensions.

The response of the HST could be improved by the factory and a huge upgrade would be the addition of synchronized range gearing and better shift gates. Kubota's two-speed electronic HST does seem to be superior. Even still, I'm getting my work done but every time the transmission pops out of M under load because of poor gating makes me wonder how many times the transmission teeth can survive before shelling.

The handles on the throttle, and three rear remotes all have set screws to retain them. However, the three point and transmission range handles, as well as the draft control handle and the little, overhead vent handle all lack set screws and I'm routinely pulling off the three point handle as I use it. Annoying.

Anyway, I shared with my dealer to pass onto Kioti that the factory should include a hydraulic hose loom to keep the hoses from rubbing on sharp edges. Check the leading corner of the cab on the right side for rubbing problems as well. Here is the loom I made to solve the hoses getting nailed by the HST pedal linkage.

10377248_10203112014140755_8730918827608665018_n.jpg

10375980_10203112003940500_4513131650982623153_n.jpg

/ New NX6010 owner! #10  

Wow, I've had my NX4510HST Cab a year now, with 75+ hrs, and the only issue I've had that you list is the occasional need to bump the HST pedals forward or reverse to change ranges. That can be an irritation, but I just nurse is for a few seconds when that happens, and I don't shift between ranges very often. Goes to show YMMV.

My QH is a 10 or 12 y/o Harbor Freight Cat 1, and doesn't cause any clearance problem with the rear fenders so long as the release levers are not left in the up position when there's no implement and the hitch is fully raised. From Eric's reports, sounds like it's different with a Cat 2 QH, as they are a bit wider. Even with a Cat 1, though, you do have to be careful to stay clear of the QH when raising and lowering from behind the tractor using the remote hydraulic lever. Otherwise you can get pinched between the corner of the QH and the fender. :eek:

Instead of the factory radio, I put in an inexpensive aftermarket with AM/FM and weatherband. Works fine for me, but I'm no audiophile, especially when on the tractor. I can see how it would be tough to do a flush mount with larger speakers.

No problems at all so far with dust infiltration into the closed cab. No problems with FEL hydraulic hoses rubbing.

Re your pt. 2, I don't have a clearance issue with the arm rest, with the seat fully back, where I prefer it. Not sure what you mean by cheap plastic; you may have higher standards than I for tractor cab interiors. :) Compared to the 2014 Kubota L4760 (Grand L), which I was ready to buy until I looked at the NX4510, I didn't see much difference. My wife helped me a bit with the shopping, and I was quite surprised when she got into the Kioti and said she thought the interior was actually nicer. :confused3:

Your point 4, when you move into a pile with anti-stall activated, are you stalling out even in low and medium range? FWIW, even though I run in Linked Pedal mode most of the time, I still throttle up manually to full PTO speed when doing loader work.