Price Check Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner #1  

madisonhawk

Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Hello to everyone,
New to this site and thought I would say hi. I'm in the process of buying a new 2014 kioti ck30hst TLB package with loaded tires and tooth bar along with free delivery, hat and t-shirt included in with the deal for $23,480 not including tax. I was reading some post about what others had paid for their kioti's with a variety of implements and was wondering if what I am paying sounds within the norm? When I started looking around at tractors I narrowed it down to the kioti ck30, ck35 or kubota L3200. All I believe are good tractors. Decided on the ck30 because the dealer couldn't get anymore ck35's in without the new emissions on and a $3000 price increase and said if they could find one it would be approx. $1500 more and I wasn't sure if 4 hp. more was worth that amount and the kubota was $6000 more. When looking at the kioti I had a choice of the kioti or woods backhoe. I kinda like the woods 4 point hookup,but it was $3000 more than the kioti. The dealer said they have never had any problems with the kioti backhoe and that they believed it was just as strong of a hookup as the woods. So I went with the kioti backhoe. Was wondering if any of you that have the kioti backhoe with sub frame have ever had any problems or concerns with the safety, strength,stress on the tractor, etc. with the way it hooks up to the tractor? Would like to say thanks in advance to answers to any of my questions.
Thanks again.

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner #2  
Welcome to TBN. Many knowledgeable people here if you ever need help. Your price sounds pretty good for the tlb. Back in 2005, I bought a CK30hst with KL130 for 17,000 prior to tax. A year later I added the KB2375, now KB2475, for another 5,500. So I think you did well and you also have a toothbar, loaded tires, and I didn't get a shirt or hat. I don't think you'll miss the 4hp. Especially not for another 1,500 even if they could find one. As far as the bh subframe, never had a problem other than the bolts coming lose where the frame attaches to the bh unit. I just blue lock-tited them and all has been good. I've dug in some pretty hard soil and have drug the tractor around with the bh. The frame and mounts have held up to this. I used the bh several times to get the back wheels unstuck but do this carefully. It's not like a dedicated front loader bh machine. The first time hooking up the bh took me close to 15 minutes and again with the unhooking. Now I'm over 5 but less than 10. If you never have done that before with another tractor, maybe have your dealer show you. It will make your first time much easier. Have fun with the new toy. You'll be surprised at what it can do.

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner #3  
Congrats on your new investment...looking forward to pics.

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner #4  
Welcome to the pack! Price sounds pretty good. You'll like it.

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner #5  
Very good price IMO, paid 19K and change for my CK35HST TL. Interesting you came down to the same 3 tractors I looked at, but the Kubota wasn't the equal of the CK, and certainly not the DK, which I also looked at. I went with the extra HP for another $700, but I agree with you. 4 HP is not worth 3K and Tier 4. You'll be happy with it.

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner
Thanks everyone for welcoming me to TBN and for your much appreciated input to my questions. I'd like to ask another question pertaining to a rototiller for my ck30. I found an unused land pride RTR1566 without a warranty for $2000 at a farm equipment dealer. I emailed them and they said they would take less for it. Before considering on buying it I'd want to look at it first. Do you think this would work ok on my ck30 and what do you think about their list price and any idea what would be a good offer to make towards it?

Thanks Don

( I try to get some pics of my tractor after they deliver it.)

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner #7  
The 66" model is a good fit width wise for your tractor, definitely in the upper HP range though (that's where the extra HP of the CK35 is nice). I think you should be able to handle it though. TSC lists a tiller for 1600, so I'd think 17 or 18 is fair, and 2K isn't outrageous.

/ Soon to be new kioti ck30hst owner #8  
I have a king kutter II 60" that I just ran for over an hour today. My tractor is is basically the same as a ck 30 with a little less hp and I have no complaints in fact I would not hesitate to run a 66 inch. I believe that not all tillers require the same hp and u can over power just about anything but I can run mine at full depth with out complaint. Hope that helps and congrats on the new tractor.