Comparison Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...?

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #1  

CenTex Chris

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 Kioti CK35 HST and 1947 Ford 2N
Howdy from Texas,

I've looked over the Kioti product pages and brochures on these two tractors (DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST) and am still unclear as to the general differences.

As best I can tell:

DK has 4 cyl., 36hp PTO, ~2500lbs. lift

NX has 3 cyl., 34hp PTO, ~3200lbs. lift

...most other specs nearly the same although they are built on different frames.

What characterizes the DK line vs. the NX line?

Is it that the NX line is "premium" (and therefore pricier)?

I'm unclear what the ballpark pricing difference is between these two.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #2  
The DK is Tier 3, the NX is the Tier 4 replacement for the DK. The NX has the eHST while the DK has straight HST. The NX also has the next level of control layout. The DK is no longer in production, and now hard to find new. The NX is a few grand more because of the slightly more premium setup and Tier 4.

Basically the NX is the slightly nicer newer replacement for the DK.

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...?
Aha. NX replaces DX. So that explains it! I thought maybe they co-existed but that didn't make much sense. Thanks Tony.

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #4  
The DK is Tier 3, the NX is the Tier 4 replacement for the DK. The NX has the eHST while the DK has straight HST. The NX also has the next level of control layout. The DK is no longer in production, and now hard to find new. The NX is a few grand more because of the slightly more premium setup and Tier 4.

Basically the NX is the slightly nicer newer replacement for the DK.

ALso, the NX doesn't come standard with the bells and whistles that the DK did and it is a lighter tractor (weight). E.G. of bells and whistles, sway bars with the telescopic rears, tool box, extra rear port, rubber mat for floor - those are all add ons that used to come standard. THey may display them with the mat on the operator area, but the dealer ordered it and it increased the cost. to lift as much as you said, you will have to move to the rx series and that is 60+ hp. I've been comparing and pricing since my gears went on my DK. I wasn't a happy camper when I saw the new ones with the tier 4 engines. I'm leaning towards and RX or going Red (they still have the heavy rears on them like the DK's did). I do a bit of loader work with my tractor so weight does matter to me, although the average owner wants a lighter tractor and my guy is telling me all the major players are moving in that direction as well as lowering the entry price points by manipulating the standard equipment. The NX is prettier, and the loader arms are more curved but I see they didn't fix the loader interfering with the lights.

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #5  
ALso, the NX doesn't come standard with the bells and whistles that the DK did and it is a lighter tractor (weight). E.G. of bells and whistles, sway bars with the telescopic rears, tool box, extra rear port, rubber mat for floor - those are all add ons that used to come standard. THey may display them with the mat on the operator area, but the dealer ordered it and it increased the cost. to lift as much as you said, you will have to move to the rx series and that is 60+ hp. I've been comparing and pricing since my gears went on my DK. I wasn't a happy camper when I saw the new ones with the tier 4 engines. I'm leaning towards and RX or going Red (they still have the heavy rears on them like the DK's did). I do a bit of loader work with my tractor so weight does matter to me, although the average owner wants a lighter tractor and my guy is telling me all the major players are moving in that direction as well as lowering the entry price points by manipulating the standard equipment. The NX is prettier, and the loader arms are more curved but I see they didn't fix the loader interfering with the lights.

Hmm, PA hayseed, my experience differs on some of these points. I shopped pretty hard when I bought my NX4510HST Cab early last year. If you compare the two tractors the OP cites using Kioti's online comparison tool, the open-station NX4510HST is actually 65 lbs heavier than the open-station DK45SE HST. If both are cabbed, the DK45SE HST is heavier by 51 lbs. The DK lifts 2493 lbs at the 3pt hitch; the NX lifts 3177 lbs. http://www.kioti.com/wp-content/themes/kioti-main/compareModels.php?models=176,5055,5074 If nominal lift of 3200 lbs is what you want, you don't need to go to the larger-framed, geared-only RX series (although the RX is very nice). Curious if someone has said these specs aren't accurate. :confused:

My NX came standard last year with telescoping lower link arms and floor mats. Haven't seen or heard of a dealer stocking or even ordering NXs without them. Agree that the rear remotes and a toolbox are optional in the NX, while the DK comes standard with a toolbox and one set of rear remotes. (About $250/set for the remotes for the NX if dealer installs, subject to negotiation). With cab tractors, neither the DK or the NX offers a toolbox, but small tools stow well behind the seat in a couple of 15" soft canvas tool bags from Harbor Freight. In a DK cab tractor, a factory radio-CD player is standard; optional in the NX, but easy to add an aftermarket with more features if you wish (e.g. NOAA weather radio frequencies, Bluetooth, USB ports), without paying for the factory radio as well.

Other nice touches on the NX, as well, in addition to the electronic HST. There are a few new DK45SE HSTs still out there, though hard to find as Tony says. (I see James K0ua has just started a thread on that). Suggest the OP kick the tires on both series to get a better handle on the bells and whistles aspect. Regarding the new 3 cyl. Final Tier 4 in the NX, I've been very pleased with mine. Very smooth and quiet, and starts, literally, instantly in the relatively cold weather we've had here in No. VA this past year (10 - 15 F). I only have 100 hrs on it, but they are hard hours, mostly grading work with box blade and loader in low or medium range at full throttle, and rear-blade snow plowing. The emission system has only regenerated once in that entire time, so the work load seems to agree with it. BTW, there seems to be some disagreement on TBN on the issue, but I believe that all DK series sold new in the last few years are technically Interim Tier 4, rather than Tier 3.

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #6  
but I believe that all DK series sold new in the last few years are technically Interim Tier 4, rather than Tier 3.

that was my understanding as well.

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #7  
   / Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #8  
hows that purge system working on your tier 4 engine?

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #9  
hows that purge system working on your tier 4 engine?

By "purge system" do you mean diesel exhaust fluid purge? If so, the Kioti's don't use a DEF-type system to meet Final Tier 4. They went with an EGR system. The exhaust gases are cooled then recirculated to be burned off, so nothing to "purge" in that sense. I've had the tractor since early April of last year, and so far so good. :thumbsup:

/ Difference between DK45SE HST and NX4510 HST ...? #10  
I have looked at and test drove just about every tractor brand in the 30 to 45 HP range and the NX4510 HST was by far my favorite tractor. It seems like a good value for all that you get, even if you added the rear remote. The only thing I didn't like was the toggle switches for all the goodies they added. They're all under the one plastic cover. That cover would not last a month with me. I am rough on equipment.