2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal?

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #1  

HEPAman

Tractor
Kioti DK55 Fordson Power Major
Found a 2014 KIOTI DK55 190hrs, canopy, dual rear remotes and loaded tires. Asking 23K.
May be able to them down a 1k or2K.

Any known problems with the DK55's?

Should I jump on this?

DK55.jpg

Thanks for any and all input.

Attachments

• DK55.jpg
    DK55.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
   / 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #2  
Nice looking tractor. Do they have maintenance records on it? Why are they selling it? Is it a shuttle shift or HST?
What are you planning to use it for?
I don't know of any issues in particular for that model/year. Others may be able to better address the question.
You're going to buy it from Tractor House? What can they tell you about it's ownership? Have you seen it, driven it personally?

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #3  
Looks like a pretty stout tractor, 55 HP 45HP on the PTO, Transmission is synchronized 12x12 shuttle.

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal?
Shuttle shift, don't think they made a DK55 hydro. Haven't seen it personally yet, it's about 3 hrs away, want to make sure it's worth the trip. It's a lot closer than most I've been looking at. It's at a non Kioti dealer. I'll call them Monday and ask some questions.

This will be replacing my '58 Fordson Power Major. I have 90 acres of mixed woods and fields that need a lot of attention. Downed trees to get out for firewood, trails to maintain, fields to bush hog and will be pushing some snow. Plan on getting a grapple and a backhoe. I have a set of plows and discs I want to use for putting in feed plots. After using the Fordson for the last 20yrs, I'm getting tired...it's pretty much useless in the winter.

I've looked at the new NX's and got some quotes. Just don't think I want to deal with the new emission controls. Plus, all the nice standard features of the DK's are now options on the NX's. At this price I might be able to afford my backhoe sooner, rather than later.

Oh, and a small pond...

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #5  
Looks good to me, but I'm pretty sure it's not a 2014, as that would make it Tier 4, and there ain't no such animal. Doesn't matter a whole lot, but it's likely a 2013. Even my CK new had the advertised year messed up, but the SN doesn't lie.

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #6  
Looks good to me, but I'm pretty sure it's not a 2014, as that would make it Tier 4, and there ain't no such animal. Doesn't matter a whole lot, but it's likely a 2013. Even my CK new had the advertised year messed up, but the SN doesn't lie.

What is the serial # ???

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #7  
TJP89 is right, the serial # determines date of MANUFACTURE. Often tractors, and boats are sold as the year they're bought, but that is not entirely accurate, nor intentionally deceptive, especially when a place like Tractorhouse is selling the tractor. It's a common error that can mislead a buyer into thinking they are buying recent or new used stock. So to know for sure post the # and we will decifer it for you.

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal?
Thanks for the info guys.
Serial # is M06800159 according to the dealer.
From what I could find out, it's a 2012.
Are Kioti warrantys transferable? They didn't know, being a non Kioti dealer. I have a call into kioti. According to the website, warranty is from date of sale, not date of manufacturer, I hope.

Dealer said it was traded in for a bigger/higher horsepower tractor.

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #9  
I believe M is 2012. Mine is a K which is a 2010.

/ 2014 KIOTI DK55 Good Deal? #10  
Thanks for the info guys.
Serial # is M06800159 according to the dealer.
From what I could find out, it's a 2012.
Are Kioti warrantys transferable? They didn't know, being a non Kioti dealer. I have a call into kioti. According to the website, warranty is from date of sale, not date of manufacturer, I hope.

Dealer said it was traded in for a bigger/higher horsepower tractor.

Think you're right on the year. Warranties are transferable I think, and are form date of sale.