New tractor NX4510

/ New tractor NX4510 #1  

BigCountry1689

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510 HST, Kubota G1800, Kubota L3830
Hello TBN,

I have read this forum for a few years and during that time I went back and forth from both oranges to the green and back never making a decision on a compact tractor for my 3 acres. My wife finally made the decision easier and wanted to buy 20 acres and a house and sell the 3 acres, so..... now I have a brand new shiny NX 4510 and I am very happy with it. I used my parents L3830 for years and thought I loved it but I really love this thing. My wife calls it "your last big toy." Ha! Anyhow while purchasing and knowing how she works I figured I better get everything now because it was gonna be a while before I got anymore attachments. The following are the things I have purchased so far:

Kioti shop manual
Top & tilt from MI&E
Third function from EA
Pallet Forks from palletforks.com
Root Grapple from Palletforks.com
7ft hinge back box blade (Modern Implements) purchased used

next will be Woodmaxx 78in hydraulic offset flail mower and a disc harrow

I have had the tractor for about 3 weeks now ( Sorry took so long to post) and have only accumulated about 11 hours since we are just coming out of our rainy season but I hope to get a lot of work done during the florida winter. I spent most of the 11 hours pulling palmettos from the pasture with the root grapple and I love it, that thing is a beast. I had a great experience with all dealers I dealt with from kioti down. I ended up paying cash for my tractor because it offered me the most savings. I figured I've been working all this overtime for all these years I earned something new that I didn't have to make a payment on or fix all the time. I also have completed a couple mods that I saw on here. One was from Eric The Oracle which was the strap for the quick attach. I noticed that for some reason the lever pops occasionally under load. next was my own doing I hated the joystick control for the third function kit so I dremeled the factory knob and added the switch.

I have a few questions which I have noticed and wanted to see if were just me:

1. does anyone else have problems getting it in range, I think its because it is new but I have noticed it is easier if I press quickly on the reverse and let go.

2. Does anyone else experience lag when going from forward to reverse mine is about 2 seconds.

3. how high do your RPM's go, mine only goes to 2700 with full throttle.

4. Does anyone know of a bypass for having to put the tractor in neutral every time you get off ( I know its a safety thing but its a PTA).

Thanks in advance.
BC-

20151030_175658.jpg20151121_172035.jpg20151030_175755.jpg20151030_175725.jpg20151030_175704.jpg20151030_175737.jpg20151030_175841.jpg

/ New tractor NX4510 #2  
The first two are common issues. The first is a new tractor thing, and will get better, but never go completely away, happens on my CK35 too. The second has been discussed here a lot, but seems to be a Kioti quirk.

No idea on the throttle, but why do you need more than 2700 rpms? I do know that the tachometer on my CK goes higher than I can throttle up to.

On the fourth, yes it is a PITA, mine is mysteriously dysfunctional, have to get right on that:laughing: The operator presence switch under the seat can just be wired closed permanently. That disables a lot of things, all of them pretty much useless (except maybe the PTO switch, but is the easiest way. Can't help on the specifics there. I'm sure you could also tinker with the neutral switch, but that controls a lot of things, and much more involved.

/ New tractor NX4510 #3  
2700 RPM's is probably the max the governor is set for.
Its not supposed to rev any higher than that.

/ New tractor NX4510
I wasn't sure on the RPM's, my old tractor would go to about 3200 so that is what I was used to. I checked today and it is actually maxing at 2400 RPM's. The only reason I was really even thinking about it was I noticed when grading and digging that it seemed to need a little more power that I could not give it. TJP89 I will have to look into the seat switch and see if that is an option, with it being difficult to get into gear I hate having to apply the PB and move to neutral to just get off and open a gate then go back and spend 3 min. just trying to get back in gear.

/ New tractor NX4510 #5  
I wasn't sure on the RPM's, my old tractor would go to about 3200 so that is what I was used to. I checked today and it is actually maxing at 2400 RPM's. The only reason I was really even thinking about it was I noticed when grading and digging that it seemed to need a little more power that I could not give it. TJP89 I will have to look into the seat switch and see if that is an option, with it being difficult to get into gear I hate having to apply the PB and move to neutral to just get off and open a gate then go back and spend 3 min. just trying to get back in gear.

I know this is an old thread and I hope your NX4510 is getting easier to shift into gear. I have that same tractor and noticed the same thing. I found that releasing the brakes and tapping the forward or reverse foot pedal will help out greatly in getting the shifter back into any of the three ranges. I too do not like the seat switch and will be fixing that issue very shortly.

/ New tractor NX4510 #6  
My Kubota B7800 now has 1,700 hours on it and I have to mash the forward or reverse travel pedal to help to get it to align for changing ranges. Even have to do it with my Polaris Brutus (hydrostatic)! It's just the nature of the beast.

/ New tractor NX4510
While the actual selecting of gears has not become much smoother, I have found methods to select the appropriate gear faster. Mostly tapping FWD then REV while applying slight pressure to the selector. But as with anything you get used to the inconvenience and it becomes common place. So its not even a complaint anymore. I did "fix" the seat so as not to have to go through 23 steps to dismount the tractor. I want to do what Eric did and install a bypass switch, but as of yet I have not gotten to it.

/ New tractor NX4510 #8  
BigCountry1689, how's the Kioti compared to your L3830? Also, did you get that FlailMaxx? I'm considering one (though it's come down to a toss-up whether a flail or a big rotary, as I've got a lot of clearing to do yet [which then leads to more grass to mow!]).

/ New tractor NX4510
I very much enjoy my tractor, it has turned into my Swiss army knife. I get the trash cans with it, check the mail, etc..... It took some getting used to with the HST especially with the delay. I was used to that GST transmission with almost instant FWD and REV, plus training yourself to know that the HST pedals are not gas pedals so less is more when doing work. I miss a few of the more intuitive features that are on my Kubota like the eyelets that are on the loader for the pins when you detach it. But all in all I have ZERO regrets about my Kioti it does seem more stout in certain areas compared to my Kubota i.e the platform and handles. Dealer has been great, no issue with the couple parts I've needed. I had the complete service at 50 hours with fluids and all and it was not expensive. I have not purchased the Woodmaxx yet as I bought a backhoe and the wife was not coming off $7500 plus another $3000 for the mower, so craigslist won on the mower, but I will get the WoodMaxx 78H next. I mow my pastures every 3 months or so and its a smooth ride, even through the thick orchard grass. All in all my next tractor after this will be a Kioti when the time comes.

/ New tractor NX4510 #10  
Thanks for the report!

My B7800's HST is nice and quick responding. I know that the NX will take getting used to here; but, it might cut down on my whiplash!:laughing: And when you're talking about moving around as much weight as these NXs are it's probably better that they don't launch!

I'm also waiting on sidecarist's report over in the Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers thread about his purchase of the same flail (FM-78H). I'm torn on whether to get a flail (I'm interested in an 88) or a bigger rotary.