Looking at CK4010 HST

/ Looking at CK4010 HST #1  

Operator45

Tractor
Ford 2000
Hello all, I'm new to the whole forum thing, but love the site and all of the information! I am in the market for a new tractor and have been spending lots of time reading the various reviews on numerous tractors. I feel like I have penned down Kioti's tractors as being the ones I am most interested in. I have been quoted $23,500 for a new CK4010 HST, fel, bucket, grapple, remote and rotary cutter. Firstly, I was wondering if this is a decent deal and lastly, I was wondering if anyone has any firsthand knowledge of the CK4010 HST? I haven't seen a whole lot of information/reviews on it and really could use some help and guidance.

/ Looking at CK4010 HST #2  
I have been out of the buying market for a while so not up with everything but that does sound like a great deal. Wonder if you could squeeze them for a flail mower instead of a rotary one? I am looking at getting one and they say that once you have used a Flail, you won't go back to a rotary. Good luck.

/ Looking at CK4010 HST #3  
I haven't seen a CK4010 but reviewing the specs it looks like a very nice tractor. I've owned a CK20 and DK40se and the CK4010 is kind of in the middle size wise with the same power as the DK. The loader is right in the middle.

What we don't know is what you intend to do with the tractor and what the current status of the land you will be working. Also, what brand and size grapple and mower is the dealer providing?

I also own a grapple, flail and bush hog. If you can get us more specific info about intended uses I'd be happy to make more specific comments but in general the equipment you listed sounds very capable.

/ Looking at CK4010 HST
Thanks for the replies! I'm sorry that I left some important information out on my original post, but here it goes. I recently purchased 20 acres, which was all timber (pine), I have since had a timber company come in and thin it. After the thinning was completed, I hired a tree mulching service to come in and clean/shred most, if not all the debris and stumps. My intent is to build a pond (3-4 acres) and put in a house site. After all of this, I plan on using the cutter to maintain the property, which is a bit hilly, but nothing too extreme. I have an existing zero turn mower which I intend to maintain the area around the house.
As for the the rotary cutter they quoted, it's a Bush Hog brand BH16 (6') and the grapple is an Skid Steer Solutions GR72 (6'). I have not read much on this grapple, seems most are going with wicked attachments. Any thought on the one they are quoting? Thanks agin for all the guidance.

/ Looking at CK4010 HST #5  
James kOua is in your backyard so he should have a good idea on what you need.

/ Looking at CK4010 HST #6  
Thanks for the replies! I'm sorry that I left some important information out on my original post, but here it goes. I recently purchased 20 acres, which was all timber (pine), I have since had a timber company come in and thin it. After the thinning was completed, I hired a tree mulching service to come in and clean/shred most, if not all the debris and stumps. My intent is to build a pond (3-4 acres) and put in a house site. After all of this, I plan on using the cutter to maintain the property, which is a bit hilly, but nothing too extreme. I have an existing zero turn mower which I intend to maintain the area around the house.
As for the the rotary cutter they quoted, it's a Bush Hog brand BH16 (6') and the grapple is an Skid Steer Solutions GR72 (6'). I have not read much on this grapple, seems most are going with wicked attachments. Any thought on the one they are quoting? Thanks agin for all the guidance.

Sounds like a CK4010 HST would be just right for your property given that most of the heavy clearing has already been done. Any size pond is really more of an excavator job than tractor work so I assume you know that.

I don't know anything about a Bush Hog BH16 but I'm going to guess it is an entry level rotary cutter. I had a SQ Bush Hog once that was fine. Good brand generally though I believe under new ownership. A lightduty rotary cutter would serve you well, no need to move up to the pricier medium duty if all the major clearing is done. However, if you like a higher quality cut and a safer mower, you might look at getting a flail instead. The CK4010 could easily run a Caroni TM1900 which is a rough cut flail. I have both a medium duty Woods bush hog and the Caroni flail. I use the flail for about 90% of my cutting. It isn't as good a cut as a zero turn for sure but it is way better than the bush hog.

I would personally steer you away from any 72" grapple. The dealer just doesn't know much about grapples if he is sticking a 72 on that tractor. I cannot find any information on a skidsteer solutions gr72 but I'm pretty sure it is much heavier and wider than you need. Your lift capacity is about 1800lbs and the tractor is only medium weight so you really don't want a wide heavy grapple. There is tons written and discussed about grapple selection here on TBN. Educate yourself as your dealer pretty clearly has not bothered to discuss the options with you. I have a DK40se and use a 48" single lid grapple that I and others are very happy with. Narrower grapples dig better, weigh less, are more maneuverable and cost less. Look at the Everything Attachments thread here on TBN discussing their medium duty 54" or light duty 50" grapple. I'd buy one of those if I had a CK4010.

Your dealer is bundling the two implements in your price but I'd get him to separate the quote. You might well choose to get the bush hog but I'm pretty sure that after you research things you will want a smaller grapple than he is suggesting.

/ Looking at CK4010 HST #7  
I'm with island tractor I think everything sounds pretty good except for maybe that grapple being too big. That's going to really eat into your lift capacity.

/ Looking at CK4010 HST
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. I feel that you both are correct about this grapple being way oversized for this tractor, as a mater of fact, they have provided me with quotes on various tractors, in varying hp ranges, but all were quoted with this same grapple. Horse power ranged from 30 to 50, how is this possible? I plan on paying them a visit next week and will try to get a better understanding of their offering and will also see about them quoting me a wicked grapple instead. Has anyone got any information on Kioti's new incentives for 2016?