NX Cab and radiator heater

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #11  
NEWS FLASH -

I have not received a direct email from Kioti as yet but I did from my dealer:

he said "you must have rolled some heads at Kioti" (he had to be kidding because this had to be in the works)
he said he just received his Monday morning 2/29/16 update newsletter and for the first time (he is the oldest Kioti dealer in the US) they had a news flash that they have added a Block heater. Since I have an NX he only looked to make sure it was there and it was (ie so others probably are too but didn't check). It is also now an order option for the tractor also. Your dealer orders them through Wholegoods, NOT Kioti parts. It is a 400W element and the part number is Wholegoods AAA247. I think the price was $68.

I'll still post Kioti's response when I get it....
I ordered one and can post picture of what I get...

Brent

Good for you, Brent.

25287428911_98a0083a8e_h.jpg

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #12  
I may order one , be nice to have.

/ NX Cab and radiator heater
I finally received the definitive answer from Kioti - I hope it is OK to post, I removed the persons name and phone number.

warranty2.PNG

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #14  
There is another fellow that put one on his Kubota and drilled a hole in his cylinder . He has a thread on here . Heads up .

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #15  
There is another fellow that put one on his Kubota and drilled a hole in his cylinder . He has a thread on here . Heads up .

My dealer installed my block heater, but I've always used a drill stop which limits how far a drill can go when drilling out frost plugs to facilitate removal and installation block heaters. A drill stop allows me to lean into the drill at weird angles without worry of screwing up something on the inside of the block.

And thanks to my Kioti dealer's Service Manager turning me onto the stuff, I've also recently (within the last couple of years) taken a liking to Toyota Form in Place Gasket.

Links to both:

Amazon.com: In-tool-home Steel Drill Stop Set Drill Depths Collar Set of 8: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota Fluid 00295-00103 Formed-in-Place Oil Pan Gasket - 3 oz. Tube: Automotive

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #16  
I installed my own block heater, got it from Wallace tractor. Drilled the freeze plug, no problem. Really there is no excuse for damaging the cylinder. Use a sharp bit, take your time with light pressure and it'll be fine.

The damage isn't so much from drilling to remove the frost plug even though we have had one report of that but rather the element touching the cylinder wall and warping it. At least that is what I have been told and is why Bobcat and now Kioti have the displacement sleeve to keep the element away from the cylinder wall.

I received my Kioti block heater today. Here are reference pictures straight out of the box.

A.JPG
B.JPG
E.JPG
C.JPG
F.JPG

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #18  
The damage isn't so much from drilling to remove the frost plug even though we have had one report of that but rather the element touching the cylinder wall and warping it. At least that is what I have been told and is why Bobcat and now Kioti have the displacement sleeve to keep the element away from the cylinder wall.

I received my Kioti block heater today. Here are reference pictures straight out of the box.

View attachment 460363
View attachment 460364
View attachment 460365
View attachment 460366
View attachment 460367

The Bobcat part number my dealer installed that I had assumed was manufactured by Daedong used a sleeve to space the 400W heater out as well.

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #19  
Mine had a sleeve as wel

I installed the Block Heater today and thought I would give some information that might be useful.

1.) I own a cabinet shop and as you would suspect have lots of tools including drill bit stops but thought i would share a tip in case you don't have a stop or just don't have the correct size stop. For a rough stop just snugly wrap about 5 or so turns on the bit with electrical tape. In some instances it works better than a metal stop because it wont mar the adjacent surface if you hit it and you can get into tighter spaces. Just don't just brute force..i.e, common sense.

2.) I did a rough measurement on the Freeze plug and it is approximately 1 1/8" from the outer portion of the block to the cylinder wall. Taking account of the Freeze plug and inset, the back of the plug is approximately 3/4" to the cylinder wall. Thought this might be of use to those who want to start drilling.

3.) I started to drain the radiator via the cockpit on the right side instead of just removing the plug and letting it drain everywhere.
I ended up doing just that, removing the plug into a clean 5 gal. bucket. My tractor is very clean so far and was able to pretty much recover all antifreeze. I filtered it, just in case, and reused it. Oh, and by not draining the system it only dumped a little over a gallon and was able to put it back in without even starting it up.

here is the final install.
block heater.jpg

all done, must mean its spring?