Buying Advice Next tractor advice

/ Next tractor advice #11  
Maybe so (I'll know more once I get my 9ft hoe running in the spring!), but my intuition is that an L45 or L39 can do a lot more with the BH than either of our machines with a 9ft hoe. I've rented an L45 and was impressed but it was nothing compared to my 18k pound Case 680 backhoe (shocking I know).

I was just pointing out they do have a 3pth FWIW.

Out of curiosity (truly), do you have to take off all or some of your 3pth when you attach the hoe?

/ Next tractor advice #12  
Maybe so (I'll know more once I get my 9ft hoe running in the spring!), but my intuition is that an L45 or L39 can do a lot more with the BH than either of our machines with a 9ft hoe. I've rented an L45 and was impressed but it was nothing compared to my 18k pound Case 680 backhoe (shocking I know).

I was just pointing out they do have a 3pth FWIW.

Out of curiosity (truly), do you have to take off all or some of your 3pth when you attach the hoe?

I need to remove the adjustable ends of my 3PT arms. Requires pulling a cotter pin and pin. I keep the adjustable arm tips (about ten inches long) inside my tool box while the BH is mounted.

And, I do agree that the dedicated TLBs like the L45 will dig more than my Woods BH90x but my set up would cost about 10-15K less.

/ Next tractor advice #14  
No need to remove anything with a Kioti BH.

/ Next tractor advice #15  
No need to remove anything with a Kioti BH.

Yep. My CK20 had a KB1365 on it. Not as sexy as a Woods BH but every bit as functional. Woods 4pt mount is very nice in some ways but a true PITA to mount compared to the Kioti. Dismount is about the same.

/ Next tractor advice #16  
How does the Kioti mount? I can un hook or hook up my Kubota 4 point in about 3 minutes. I do have to take the 3 ph arms off. I can't imagine the Kioti being any easier.

/ Next tractor advice #17  
I don't want to derail the OPs thread. And yes, I know I started it.

/ Next tractor advice #18  
How does the Kioti mount? I can un hook or hook up my Kubota 4 point in about 3 minutes. I do have to take the 3 ph arms off. I can't imagine the Kioti being any easier.

Of coarse you can't, No need to take anything off the mighty DK-40 just back up hook up hydraulics and raise the BH frame backup some more and drop the pins in.

/ Next tractor advice #19  
The Kioti subframe is mostly attached to the BH. It does not require precisely (like to less than 1/4") lining up of tabs and slots like the Woods 4pt does. There is a long tongue that goes under the tractor to slots on tabs and then the back of the mount slides into a slot where it is pinned in place. I've never mounted a Kubota BH so don't know if that is less fussy than the Woods. 3 minutes would be world record time for a Woods though . I have a particular challenge as I don't have a flat concrete pad to mount the BH so I have to adjust L and R height separately before I can get all four points in place.

/ Next tractor advice #20  
I didn't knock either brand. I simply asked how does the Kioti backhoe hook up. The hardest part of hooking up the Kubota backhoe is getting the Hydraulics hooked up, and either brand has to have that.

". I can't imagine the Kioti being any easier." meaning what? Maybe Kioti has a better plan. No need to remove any of the three point arms.