What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab?

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
I have a Kubota L3200 I'm generally happy with, other than getting frozen when plowing/blowing snow & getting covered in dust & pollen in the summer. I'd also like some more bells & whistles over the base model, in addition to a cab. I've heard some good things about Kiotis, so have been looking at them a bit.

Requirements:
  • Cab
  • HST
  • loader with SSQA
  • Cruise control
  • 3,5000-4k lbs range, definitely under 5k
  • More than my current 32 hp might be nice, but terribly required
  • Ballpark 60' wide. My current tractor is 60' wide & I have a few implements sized to that (61' 3pt blower), but enjoy hunting for good deals & claim I don't mind selling them

Options I'd end up with at delivery or ASAP
  • TnT
  • At least 1 spare hydraulic spool after TnT

Poking at Kioti's site I see the DK40SE HST & NX4510 as the smallest Kioti's with a cab. Both are a bit of an upgrade in terms of width , weight & HP, but within reason. They both double, almost triple my current lift capacity.

I always hear Kiotis offer good value & have great loader capacity & front axle strength compared to the competition, but lack some of the refinement like HST+ on the Kubota Grand Ls. Anything else I'm missing that I should think about or look at when I get around to upgrading?

What's the ballpark price range for those 2? I've got a Kioti dealer an hour & a half away, but haven't gotten around to going up there to kick the tires yet. Kubota & JD dealers are 20 minutes away.

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #2  
A DK40 is a substantial upgrade from a L3200. After you add a loader and proper ballast for safe loader operation you are way over 5K. The DK is 3800 pounds stock. A little over 4,000 pounds with a cab. The loader weighs 1200 pounds with the bucket. Add approximately 1000 pounds if you load the tires. That is 6,200 pounds and you still don't have a snow blower on the 3 point hitch. If the 5,000 pound maximum is very important you better look at another manufacturer that makes a smaller tractor with a cab. The NX is even heavier at 4,300 pounds without a loader.

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #3  
That last part was key for me. No good dealers I could find. All very small with limited staff, experience and supplies on hand. But if your local dealer is good or you don't care I think you'll be impressed with the NX (If, as you stated you want bells and whistles). Also, no KTAC insurance.

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #4  
As luke said the key to any tractor buying is having a decent dealer to work with. I can go without the great service experience as my machine has not been back since. Parts can be ordered online so being a bit in the country is alright.

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab?
Spaced the loader not being in the base weights when I was looking at specs. My L3200 is in the high 3k range with loader & loaded rears. I have a 14k lbs rated trailer & F250 beater farm truck, so hauling isn't a big issue. An hour & a half isn't great, but not the end of the world. As a homeowner & hobby farm I can put up with a little less responsiveness from the dealer than a farmer. So far on my Kubota I've only had a leaky hose to deal with. Was easier for me to pick it up from the dealer & install it myself (then later return the failed hose) than haul the tractor to have the dealer do it. I'm looking at a lighter tractor because of efficiency rather than hauling or anything else. I'm generally happy with the performance of my L3200, not to mention maneuverability & what not. I could use some more HP at times, but the real driver to upgrade is the lack of cab.

Does Kioti offer anything smaller with a cab? I didn't see anything. I hate how Kioti doesn't list any prices on their website. The NX starts aroun $35k, right? Specing out a L4060 with a loader & nothing else starts at over $40k, L3560 is over $37k. I haven't run the JD number recently, but they are usually competitive with Kubota. No HST+ hurts, but the Kioti is otherwise a fair bit more tractor for cheaper from what I can see.

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #6  
I think you would have been pretty happy with a DK35se cab model. I played around with one, but I could not swing the $6000 more for the cab model. The one I bought was $19,300. Unfortunately they don't make the DK35se at all any more. As a tier 4 interim model, of course it is obsolete.

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #7  
After market cab maybe?

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab?
After market cab maybe?

I've thought about it & I do have the skills to even build my own. However it would never be anywhere near as good as a factory cab. A good cab with that much glass also requires AC during the summer. The $5-7k cost for a factory cab is steep, but generally worth it I think. And if I'm upgrading for a cab I might as well look at the premium model rather than the economy model as I now know I enjoy playing with my tractor as much as I thought I would before I got it (for various values of fun not including having to run my snow blower into the wind when it's 10 degrees out).

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #9  
Building a cab wouldn't be hard, but AC is a must. Otherwise that thing is like a solar oven.

/ What Kioti would upgrade my Kubota L3200? DK40SE HST Cab & NX4510 HST Cab? #10  
I wouldn't sweat the dealer location, nor the efficiency you mentioned regarding weight. The DK-40 is not a fuel hog. It's largely irrelevant on the smaller tractors, IMHO. Kubota and Deere are both going to cost you more for less features. HST+ may be great, but what else do you get for all the extra money. I've had a DK-35 HST and my current DK-40 HST with about 1200 hours between them. NO dealer down time on either machine. I've had Kioti's largest backhoe, KB-2485 on each unit, and I don't go easy on my equipment, either.
I'd highly recommend, without reservation, any of Kioti's tractors. Get the cab if you can afford it. Building one- a waste of time, and no resale value, no AC, etc. A factory cab is the way to go if a cab is required. I have a canopy and plow snow in sub-zero temps- not fun, but I don't need a cab, too much in the woods work- I'd end up with broken glass on all sides.:confused3: