Buying Advice Buying my first tractor

/ Buying my first tractor #21  
Dang. That's a really nice looking setup. And I can add a +1 on Tractor Hill. Todd was great to work with. Great service and follow up.

/ Buying my first tractor #22  
Great looking tractor. Great price too. I've always wanted a used BX24/25 to supplement my DK40se for chores that the big tractor cannot do efficiently. Now I'll have to add that CS to my want list too.

Welcome to TBN. Show us what you accomplish with your new tractor.

/ Buying my first tractor #23  
Great looking tractor. Great price too. I've always wanted a used BX24/25 to supplement my DK40se for chores that the big tractor cannot do efficiently. Now I'll have to add that CS to my want list too.

Welcome to TBN. Show us what you accomplish with your new tractor.

/ Buying my first tractor
Thank you for all the compliments. I had her back in the woods the other day, and she performed like a champ.....

The dealer has been awesome. Todd from Tractor Hill is a real stand up guy. I didn't even buy the tractor from him, but he was more than happy to transfer the warranty for me and give me a walk around/crash course on my machine. And some kioti t-shirts and hats.

However...... Today.... the **** girl wouldnt start. She aint been in my life for two weeks, and she pulls this crap. She is nearly a virgin. 94 hours with a mowing deck that has never seen grass! But she started acting up today, well late last night when all i wanted was a quick ride.

I turned the key, the lights came on, the glow plug indicator went on then, off. I turn the switch, then nothing.

I looked over all the safty switches, and neutrals and parking brake. All good. Tested the battery. Good. Realays. Good. Ignition switch. Good. I narrowed ot down to the solinoid. I was able to start ot by jumping across.

She just wouldn't give it to me until I had my hands under, over, and deep inside her. I became intimately familiar with her wiring today. Not somthing I was planning on doing with something with so low hours.

The good news is I can get her started. Tomorrow, We have a big snow storm ( for Virginia, I grew up in North West PA). I will be able to dig us out with my half assed solution. I was on the phone with the dealer, Todd, all day trying different things, and since I got I started, he said that we will get new parts for her once the storms pass.

/ Buying my first tractor #25  
Bummer about the solenoid. Maybe the new girl just wanted to get some extra attention from you to see if you were serious about this relationship. I'd say that the fact she allowed you under her hood so soon means at least she is serious.

/ Buying my first tractor
To be honest, I havent spent much time with her. I brought her home last Tuesday, took her in the woods on Saturday and loader her with big oak logs ,and last night was giving her a once over before the storm. She apparently wanted a little more attention.

/ Buying my first tractor #27  
To be honest, I havent spent much time with her. I brought her home last Tuesday, took her in the woods on Saturday and loader her with big oak logs ,and last night was giving her a once over before the storm. She apparently wanted a little more attention.

Then I don't blame her at all. You have to get to know a girl before taking her into the woods on a logging expedition.