Tractor Sizing KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #1  

DTirpak

Tractor
None
I am looking for a fel tractor with a backhoe. I have come across a leftover 2014 kioti nx6010 hst cab for sale at a dealer. I unload 2500 pound pallets off of a flatbed trailer, move them around, double stack and will have to lift them into back of box truck. I have a forklift for indoor use in the garages but wanted something for outdoor use. I wanted pto drive and backhoe for various projects on our property. We will use it for snow removal,driveway grading,digging drainage,digging spillway at pond, food plots and everything in between. The dealer said the backhoe and tires being filled will help with load distribution and safety. Does anyone have experience lifting using pallet forks with this tractor? I am going to take a pallet to the dealer and test drive its capacity if he agrees. Also, what are your thoughts on buying a brand new leftover 2014 tractor? Price would be around 3500-4500 less than new.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #2  
Absolutely nothing wrong with buying a new 2014 tractor. The 2014 and the 2016 NXs are exactly the same, not like cars that way. Check the lift cap on the KL6010, that should give you an idea of what you can lift. Bringing the pallet to try lifting it is a good idea. NX is a good tractor, should do everything you want.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #3  
I am looking for a fel tractor with a backhoe. I have come across a leftover 2014 kioti nx6010 hst cab for sale at a dealer. I unload 2500 pound pallets off of a flatbed trailer, move them around, double stack and will have to lift them into back of box truck. I have a forklift for indoor use in the garages but wanted something for outdoor use. I wanted pto drive and backhoe for various projects on our property. We will use it for snow removal,driveway grading,digging drainage,digging spillway at pond, food plots and everything in between. The dealer said the backhoe and tires being filled will help with load distribution and safety. Does anyone have experience lifting using pallet forks with this tractor? I am going to take a pallet to the dealer and test drive its capacity if he agrees. Also, what are your thoughts on buying a brand new leftover 2014 tractor? Price would be around 3500-4500 less than new.

Have you considered a skid loader? 2500 pounds is right on the edge of what an NX can lift when you add in the weight of a pallet fork and consider the pressure valve may be adjusted on the light side.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #4  
This tractor is rated to lift 2,700 pounds to full height at the pins. From what a see they didn't publish a capacity at 24". Definitely try it to make sure because I'd be surprised if it can lift a 2,500 pallet to the height needed.

Last edited:
   / KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets
Thank you for your responses. I hadn't looked at a skid steer only because I wanted to get one machine to do all my property projects and unload the pallets. I should be able to get away with just lifting or curling the pallet enough to unload from flatbed trailer then drop it down low to get it to garage where the forklift would do the moving and stacking indoors. Terrain is flat and leveled with stone. That's if the Nx passes the lift test. It says in my brochure that the kl601 has pressure relief valve set at 2630 lbs and lift capacity to full height at pivot point is 2864 lbs. Sounds like it is right on the border line when adding in pallet fork weight and like you said doesn't give numbers on 24 inch out from pivot point.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets
I just realized after reading your post that the nx6010 comes with kl6010 loader like you had posted. Specs are as you said 2761 to max height and 2556 relief valve pressure. I also found another thread and they talked about lifting 2000 pound pallets of wood pellets to 4 foot in height.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #7  
I'll be interested to know the results of the lift test. My prediction is the tractor will be able to unload pallets but not load them and will lift one off the ground, but not high enough to double stack. We could make a more accurate prediction with a load rating at 24". If we had a graph with the lift capacity in relation to the height that would be great. I haven't seen either piece of information.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #8  
2500 pounds on a pallet is a lot for any CUT. Make sure to put sufficient ballast on the 3pt for your test lift. I have a similar tractor and ballast on the 3pt is a must when lifting heavy.

While I think the NX can probably do the tasks described (depending on how the pressure is actually set). If doing this routinely, I would prefer a larger tractor. An RX would give you more margin. For a PX it would be child's play.

Last edited:
   / KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #9  
What does this size tractor with backhoe attachment cost? I'm thinking that unless you need an ag tractor for something a TLB will be better suited for your jobs. If you could continue using the forklift for unloading the pallets you could get buy with a lot cheaper machine.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #10  
Consider that any UT or CUT with pallet forks on the FEL has one severely limiting characteristic as compared with a forklift or forks on a skid loader. Visibility of the business end of the forks is atrocious, especially at ground level.