March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete?

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #1  

DAFI

Kioti is pressuring its customers by telling them that the incentives and financing rates are going to go up after March 31st. They are also telling customers that steel prices are going to cause its equipment to go up in price. This is an odd time of the company to do this, for it is right in the heart of the boom season, when other companies have extended buyer incentive programs into June and July. If Kioti does not extend these programs longer, they will lose out. this may be a way to pressure sales, particularly since the weather has not been very good. Tractor sales are slow until it warms up near the end of April.

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #2  
I just sold a tractor to a salesman who sales for a LARGE automobile dealership. He informed me that the low rates on the pickips and cars will soon be a thing of the past... The new prices are just around the corner.
The cost of my implimants have taken a big jump, with more price jumps and outright difficulty in gettin them all in the near future.
This could be a double edge knife for me... If the new machines and equipment go out of sight, it will kill the sales.
BUT... The shop will again become verry buisy as more and more 50 year old machines are brought in for repair rather than trade in.
The shop, and the sales of used equipment make me a lot more money than the sales of new stuff.
Lets wait and see... We have all heard the threats and promise of disaster before and have lived threw it.
If it was easy... every one would be a dealer!
Smittys Equipment and Rental
Weatherford Texas

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #3  
I am not a Kioti dealer, but this is just a hunch. I would guess that your dealer is trying to preasure you into a sale. Usualy when programs change, vendors will not tell their dealers until the day they go into effect because dealers will tell their customers. Say they where going to drop the rate, then who would buy now? They might be speculating but I doubt they really know. Many companies are implementing steel surcharges, but that is a variable charge that goes on top of the machine. Does not sound to me like they are being very forward with you. Kubota and New Holland have Zero % for at least though the next three months, New Holland has a steel surcharge starting in a week, Kubota does not. How long will zero percet last, frankly... it probably depends what Deere does.

Thats my take...

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #4  
Looks to me that Kioti would be in a good position to be able to hold the price. As Kioti owns their own steel mills. I understand that Kabota is in about the same situation. It might or it might not get a little weard for the blue and green machines as they do not produce their own product, they only assemble it.
BUT.... If I was the head big shot of some big company, and I had the oppertunity to make some big bucks for me and my stock holders,,,, I'm sure that I would go for it. And let the consumor pay for all of it.

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #5  
Where do you get your information? These programs have been scheduled to end on this date for the past two months. Where is the pressure? Programs start and programs have an end date. Kioti is very good about giving plenty of notice on their start and end dates.
I have not heard the one about the prices increasing at Kioti because of steel pricing, Kioti usually will only change pricing at the beginning of their model year in October. These broad statements are all new to me, and are probably the result of a very cagy salesman. I look forward to following this story to see how it turns out.
In the dark,
Dave G.

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #6  
IMHO, I'd be really surprised if the current incentives went away. Pretty much as they stand currently, they've been in effect for one year this May. They've "expired" and "been extended" many times. As I recall, I had to "hurry up and close my deal" before the end of May 03 so's I wouldn't lose out on the 0% financing. I guess my advice would be, if you can do your deal now, do it, if not, don't be pressured into ANYTHING by ANYONE at ANYTIME. Good deals come and good deals go, but there's always another one coming along!

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Tractor sales are slow until it warms up near the end of April )</font>

Compact sales are up 25% year to date for 2004 over last year, which was a record year. I think Kioti is just being forthright with their customers. Dealers are receiving surcharge notices every day from all vendors. The steel situation will prove to be more far reaching than most imagine. For instance, since steel is higher, the lumber industry is taking the opportunity to increase its prices.

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #8  
My brother manufactures sheet metal roofing and not only are the prices going up all the time, he has trouble getting enough stock. When he orders, he has to attempt to order what he will need WAY down the road as otherwise, he will have to wait and wait. I'm glad I bought my CK20HST when I did instead of waiting as I know the prices will have to go up. That, plus the financing was just right at 0%. John
CK20Shots

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #9  
DAFI you shouldn't speculate on what you heard from god knows where time will tell if what you say is true. But I have a hard time thinking kioti would move away from the other[BIG3] You should check your info before coming out with stuff like this cag

/ March 31 Incentive Deadline...How can it compete? #10  
very few changes on the new financing program. 0% is still avalable for 3 years ( for financing less than $25,000.00)

we will soon see what happens about the price of steel.........