Buying Advice CK2610 vs Kubota

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #21  
I didn't know I was required to attribute it to anything other than Experience with both! But if you need more then simply show up in the morning with your tractor and we can test them while you help me get some work done.
Unless the experience is with identical tractors other than transmission type, it's hard to draw any conclusions from "experience". We all have our biases. Unless there are controlled experiments the best we can do is try to understand why one might be greatly superior to the other. I cannot think of a reason why geared would climb hills better. I do understand why HST allows for more control downhill.

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #22  
Loader work and most small jobs involve a lot of back and forth movement which the HST is well suited for...if you like clutching and shifting, go for the gear trans. I groom my half-mile gravel drive which has two stretches of 17% grade and the HST handles it just fine. I use low range 90% of the time, and medium range the other 10%, high is for road use only around here. When I was comparing specs between Kubota and Kioti, the Kioti "won" for the way I was going to be using the tractor, your requirements may be completely different. :confused3:

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #23  
Unless the experience is with identical tractors other than transmission type, it's hard to draw any conclusions from "experience". We all have our biases. Unless there are controlled experiments the best we can do is try to understand why one might be greatly superior to the other. I cannot think of a reason why geared would climb hills better. I do understand why HST allows for more control downhill.

Maybe you should go back and read my other post!

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #24  
Unless your gear transmission has a specific "creeper" gear the tractor may not move slow enough to use a PTO powered roto-tiller efficiently.

HST is the technology providing creeper gear speeds today.

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #25  
I cant remember a time when I wanted to use a creeper gear for traveling from one field to the other or for pulling a load from one place to an other. Also with the proper choices of gears there is no need for fancy computers to help you maintain proper speed, or for the additional cost of cruise control.

Sorry folks but if your trying to convince me HST is the best choice for all my needs your barking up the wrong tree. I have 3 HST machines here at all times and will choose the Gear (more specifically Power shuttle) for most of my work outside the immediate field my house is built on.

I just cant imagine how long it would take me to get out to the other property in creeper gear but I guess if the safety police were around and I didn't want a scolding, I would be forced to worry about how slow I can go while traveling that distance. Probably piss off anyone I encounter on the road much more than I do now and working the fields might take an extra week or two but it would eventually get done maybe before I die of old age

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #26  
Unless your gear transmission has a specific "creeper" gear the tractor may not move slow enough to use a PTO powered roto-tiller efficiently.

HST is the technology providing creeper gear speeds today.
My DK 35 had a creeper gear option. I didn't get it.
Even without the creeper gear option my lowest gear is about 1 MPH at full throttle.
I run a 6' tiller and it does a nice job.
My previous gear tractor was about the same tractor. John Deere 850 (26 HP, 22 PTO HP) ran a 5" tiller.

/ CK2610 vs Kubota
Ok everyone........ I pulled the trigger........ I went with the CK2610 HST. It will be delivered next week.
I want to thank everyone for your input and willingness to offer some great advice!
I will post more pictures and maybe a video when it's delivered.

uploadfromtaptalk1461974880898.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461974892572.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461974904798.jpg

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #28  
Congratulations, it will serve you well for many years to come.

/ CK2610 vs Kubota #29  
   / CK2610 vs Kubota #30  
Finally, an OP who could make a final decision with less than 100 posts in the thread.

Congratulations.

Last edited: