Price Check CK2510 Price Check

/ CK2510 Price Check #1  

MountainBound

Tractor
None
I've been shopping around for a new tractor for the past month or so, and finally narrowed it down to a Kioti CK2510 w/FEL. I've been getting price quotes from dealers from Maine to Texas to Alabama in search of the best price. I've got quotes from a low of $13,995 all the way up to $16,850. I've also had one dealer tell me that he couldn't sell me that tractor for $13,995 because his cost is $13,800 (how much truth there was in that - I don't know). But just for the sake of argument let's say the dealer cost is $13,800. Current rebates from Kioti for the CK2510 w/FEL are $1700 and then there's another $500 for their 30th anniversary, making a total of $2200 in rebates (when paying cash). So even if I were to offer $13000, the dealer would still come out $1400 to the good or 10% profit. Is that being unreasonable? Obviously, since I'm writing this, nobody has taken me up on my offer...

So my question is - just how much profit should a dealer make??? 10%, 15%??? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

/ CK2510 Price Check #2  
I'm not sure if Kioti publishes list prices these days but a general sense is that dealers discount about ten percent off MSRP pretty easily and sometimes up to fifteen percent. Kioti dealers are all over the map depending on geography, competition, size and realistic attitudes. The worst are usually those smaller or new Kioti dealers who think they are only competing head to head with JD and Kubota on equivalent horsepower and frame size. They often refuse to discount and don't sell much. The best are Kioti dealers who understand the market and Kiotis place in it as a value brand. In the past there were aggressive dealers (like Wallace Tractor in PA) who gave big discounts and sold outside their region. (Wallace sold me my DK40se over the phone and delivered it 300 miles for cost of fuel). Kioti Korp cracked down on this type of free enterprise a number of years ago and pulled Rick Wallace's franchise. Today there are still a bunch of smaller Kioti dealers but generally dealerships are moving towards the Kubota model where dealers are bigger, well established and are more conservative in their pricing.

/ CK2510 Price Check #3  
My experience is that they don't want you price shopping. I did so and went only about 40 miles further to save significant money. The closer dealer is pissed that I didn't buy from him and while his staff still treat me with respect and friendliness he won't speak to me.

The dealer I bought from totally screwed up the assembly and prep work. Things incorrectly installed, stripped bolts, missing bolts, etc. Kioti stood up for the selling dealer and I had to fight for weeks to get them to allow the closer better dealer to fix the problems under warranty. They wanted the selling dealer (who couldn't do it right the first time) repair my tractor. They wanted to leave the entire mess up to the regional representative ( who never did contact me).

If I had to do it over I would've tried to work a better deal with my local dealer. Maybe get him to include the first 50hr service in the purchase price as well as pickup/drop off.

That being said. I love my tractor and backhoe. It's powerful and maneuverable. And I think a better value that comparable tractors by JD and Kubota The only other local brand (Nothing against either of them).