New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price...

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price... #1  

WesternMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Tough choice. I've been debating back and forth between those two. The RX (cab, powershuttle) seems like a better deal and I don't think I'd ever wish I had less HP but I like the idea of the more compact NX for some things. Plus, I know that the hydro would be nice for loader work. I'd be running a tiller, brush hog, 3 point post hole digger, moving snow, moving round bales, general front end loader work, maybe cutting and baling some hay down the road. I've got plenty of room to store the bigger machine.

It's ultimately my decision to make but I'm curious what you guys think. Any NX owners out there who wish they'd have gone with the bigger platform? Any RX owners who wish they'd have gone smaller?

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price... #2  
I recently compared those tractors and went with the RX. It has a bit more capability, but the biggest difference is the transmission types. I grew up on gear tractors but my last 3 have been 40hp hydro's. I was worried that I would regret going away from a hydro, but I didn't find the power shuttle difficult to get used to. I made the right choice for my situation.

Have you used either type before? Definitely get some seat time in both, that's how I decided. If you're on the fence between the 2, I'd go with the larger and you won't always wonder if you should have. Plus I believe the RX is well suited to baling and your future plans justify it. I have had no regrets with mine and would make the same choice again.

Attachments

• IMG_20160412_171904271.jpg
    IMG_20160412_171904271.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 897
   / New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price... #3  
Tough choice. I've been debating back and forth between those two. The RX (cab, powershuttle) seems like a better deal and I don't think I'd ever wish I had less HP but I like the idea of the more compact NX for some things. Plus, I know that the hydro would be nice for loader work. I'd be running a tiller, brush hog, 3 point post hole digger, moving snow, moving round bales, general front end loader work, maybe cutting and baling some hay down the road. I've got plenty of room to store the bigger machine.

It's ultimately my decision to make but I'm curious what you guys think. Any NX owners out there who wish they'd have gone with the bigger platform? Any RX owners who wish they'd have gone smaller?

How may hours on the RX?

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price... #5  
About 30 I think.

It should be as new then:)
If your going to do hay, I'd go with the RX.

That is a nice beafy tractor, does it fit where you need it to go?

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price...
It should be as new then:)
If your going to do hay, I'd go with the RX.

That is a nice beafy tractor, does it fit where you need it to go?

Yes, it will fit fine. A little big and heavy for driving around on the lawn with ag tires though! In the grand scheme of things it's still a relatively small tractor but it's more than I need as of now. I think it would be nice for moving snow with (larger bucket) and handling round bales. I'm sure I'd find plenty of uses for the extra power.

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price... #7  
Don't think you would regret the RX , I had posted about the 2 in your shuttle shift thread. You could always get a narrow bucket for working in barn stalls if you find the bigger bucket is a problem.

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price... #8  
Yes, it will fit fine. A little big and heavy for driving around on the lawn with ag tires though! In the grand scheme of things it's still a relatively small tractor but it's more than I need as of now. I think it would be nice for moving snow with (larger bucket) and handling round bales. I'm sure I'd find plenty of uses for the extra power.

Yea, if the ground is damp at all the aggs will put bumpity bumps in your lawn, you would not want to spend much time out there.;)

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price...
Aside from the transmission differences, does the NX series offer any features that the RX does not? I've poured over the specs pretty thoroughly but it gets a little confusing.

/ New NX5510HC vs Barely Used RX7320 for about the same price... #10  
Thats why we have lawn rollers,LOL.I love my ag tires.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 510