Price Check 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check?

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check? #1  

billboe

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SC w/ Backhoe
Hi All,

I'm looking at a 2008 Kioti DK45S. In addition, it has:

- cab w/ air & heat
- loader with quick attach bucket
- KB2385 backhoe
- shuttle shift
- dual remotes (are these standard like the LS?)
- ~1000 hours
- promised to be in very good shape

He is asking $28,000... What do you think of the price? Also, I don't know much about Kioti... Any thoughts on a 8 year old Kioti with 1000 hours?

I haven't seen it in person yet (it is a bit of a drive!)...

Thanks!

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check? #2  
I don't know much about Kioti... Any thoughts on a 8 year old Kioti with 1000 hours?
Like most machines. A lot depends on how it was used and maintained.
I have a 15 year old Kioti with 2000+ hours, and its been great.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check?
Like most machines. A lot depends on how it was used and maintained.
I have a 15 year old Kioti with 2000+ hours, and its been great.

thanks for that vince!

does anyone know what the purchase price would have been in 2008?

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check? #4  
thanks for that vince!

does anyone know what the purchase price would have been in 2008?

I'd probably go to tractorhouse.com and price out comparable units. Also, tractordata.com supplies a lot of info on tractors.

thanks milligjg... yeah, i have already looked at tractorhouse & tractordata... there wasn't a whole lot of data points.

surprised there are not more opinions here on TBN! :)

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check? #6  
One remote was standard. and it was about $250 -300 for the 2nd. I think it is priced maybe $2000 high. But also you live in an area with higher tractor prices vs further south and midwest. But with all that said, I still think there is some room for negotiations. If well cared for the 1000 hours is not very scary.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check? #7  
thanks for that vince! does anyone know what the purchase price would have been in 2008?

About what he's asking, maybe up to five thousand more. I bought 2007DK40se with FEL and Woods BH90x for $27K. DK45cab was older model but similar except for cab.

Real issue is replacement cost. I'd think a NX4510 with BH would sell today for close to $40K. Haven't checked that but ballpark.

About what he's asking, maybe up to five thousand more. I bought 2007DK40se with FEL and Woods BH90x for $27K. DK45cab was older model but similar except for cab.

Real issue is replacement cost. I'd think a NX4510 with BH would sell today for close to $40K. Haven't checked that but ballpark.

What do you mean by "DK45cab was older model but similar except for cab."? The seller was a bit vague on the actual year but thought it was a 2008.

And your $40K ballpark is right on for replacement cost... That is exactly what a my local dealer quoted...

THANKS!

One remote was standard. and it was about $250 -300 for the 2nd. I think it is priced maybe $2000 high. But also you live in an area with higher tractor prices vs further south and midwest. But with all that said, I still think there is some room for negotiations. If well cared for the 1000 hours is not very scary.

thanks k0ua! i asked a couple of dealers and they thought it was $3-4K high, but, they want to sell me a new tractor, so...

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S - Price Check? #10  
What do you mean by "DK45cab was older model but similar except for cab."? The seller was a bit vague on the actual year but thought it was a 2008. And your $40K ballpark is right on for replacement cost... That is exactly what a my local dealer quoted... THANKS!
There is a significant difference between the DK and DKse models even though there are many similarities. DK came first, slightly bigger and no HST. Cab is less sophisticated than on DKse or NX. DK45cab is excellent tough tractor but now two generations old.

DKse came out in 2007 but tractors are often dated by the year they are sold rather than manufactured. An old stock DK45cab might have been sold as 2008 or possibly Kioti kept the DK manufacturing line open for a while in 2008 before end of run.