Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket?

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #1  

danny77

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST 60" bucket
Hey Guys,

New member here getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Kioti ck2610 hst 4x4. I'm looking at bucket options for the front loader. My neighbor (heavy equiptment operator) said I should go with a more narrow bucket (and add a tooth bar) due to our hard and rocky soil. I asked the dealer if I could get a 60" bucket vs the 66". He said I could but he'd have to order it since every other one he's sold so far has always had the 66" bucket.

Is my neighbor right, or should I stick with a 66" bucket since it seems to be more popular? To add to the question, the dealer also said the the 60" bucket is described in his info from Kioti as being a heavy duty bucket whereas the 66" is not. He told me that, having not seen the 60" bucket, he can't confirm that, but suspects it to be the case.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:
   / Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #2  
Narrow bucket unless you are just moving sawdust or scrapping up poop.

Toothbar optional. It will help you dig but can get in the way for other loader work.

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket?
Thanks for the input IslandTractor. When I use the bucket it will be mostly for leveling and digging into rocky soil. I'm also getting an E.A. grapple. I'm guessing I'll have the grapple on most of the time, but would also like to have the bucket for when it's needed.

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #4  
I have Kubota's Heavy Duty L2296 bucket, which weighs 100 pounds more than the standard bucket, on my Kubota L3560. I had a "standard" bucket on my previous Kubota, I prefer the HD L2296.

A beefy, HD bucket makes an excellent mount for a 110 pound Bucket Spade. 50% of what a Backhoe will do for $400.

Speak to your dealer about practicality of Bucket Spade in your hard and rocky soil.

(Bucket Spade has stayed sharp through five years of regular use. I do not know what PSI pressures the soil is but....... 110 pound spade + 400 pound HD bucket + 500 pounds [of 1,279 pounds FEL weight] = 1,010 pounds on knife edge.)
((Kubota L3560))

The pressure which can be exerted on the 18" wide Bucket Spade will be multiples of the pressure which can be applied to a 60" wide bucket tooth bar.

This is one underrated tractor attachment. Best mounted on a Heavy Duty Bucket.

LINK: Tractor and Skidsteer bucket spade shovel

Attachments

• DSC00281.jpg
    DSC00281.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,120
  • DSC00277.jpg
    DSC00277.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 492
  • DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,016
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 663
  • DSC00419.jpg
    DSC00419.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 4,325
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,085
  • IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 896
Last edited:
   / Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #5  
A beefy, HD bucket makes an excellent mount for a 110 pound Bucket Spade. 50% of what a Backhoe will do for $400.
Sorry, but that bucket spade will do less than 10% of what a backhoe will do, and be useless in rocky soil.

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #6  
Sorry, but that bucket spade will do less than 10% of what a backhoe will do, and be useless in rocky soil.
I have a "bucket spade" for my forks. You are correct about how fast it can dig but it does work in rocky soil and can be very useful in tight quarters. I use my BH for most digging but for a simple job it's much easier to use a bucket spade than remove another 3PT implement and mount a BH. The

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #7  
Understanding that width is only one dimension of overall bucket capacity and that the newer loaders have more lift capacity; Our CK35 came with a 60" bucket. Not sure why you would want a wider bucket on a smaller HP tractor.

As for a tooth bar - look at the Piranha tooth bar (search it here - several threads & discussions)

We have lots of rocky red clay here and the Piranha definitely helps with digging. And from what work I've done with it, I really don't see any negative effects when smoothing / back dragging with it.

Will it break / bite like a conventional tooth bar? Probably not but it is much better than the flat cutting edge on the bucket and minimal negative effects.

Also worst case it's 2 bolts to remove if it's really in your way.

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #8  
Hey Guys,

New member here getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Kioti ck2610 hst 4x4. I'm looking at bucket options for the front loader. My neighbor (heavy equiptment operator) said I should go with a more narrow bucket (and add a tooth bar) due to our hard and rocky soil. I asked the dealer if I could get a 60" bucket vs the 66". He said I could but he'd have to order it since every other one he's sold so far has always had the 66" bucket.

Is my neighbor right, or should I stick with a 66" bucket since it seems to be more popular? To add to the question, the dealer also said the the 60" bucket is described in his info from Kioti as being a heavy duty bucket whereas the 66" is not. He told me that, having not seen the 60" bucket, he can't confirm that, but suspects it to be the case.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Narrow, but wide enough to clear a path for the front wheels.

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #9  
PLEASE: A few words iterating your personal experience with a Bucket Solutions (brand) Bucket Spade......
I don't think the brand matters. These bucket spades are all of necessity virtually identical in design and have identical pros and cons.

The biggest two cons are 1) very limited digging depth when mounted to a bucket lip (not so limited when on the tip of four foot forks though). And 2) you need to move the tractor to dump each shovel full of spoils.

Pros as mentioned earlier are the ability to dig a shallow trench without expensive equipment and for general gardening digging.

I'm glad I have mine but it isn't anything close to even a quarter of a backhoe for digging efficiency. 10% of a BH and 400% of a guy with a shovel is more like it.

/ Kioti ck2610 66" bucket or 60" "heavy duty" bucket? #10  
If you get the industrial tires your rear tires will be approx 63" - having previously had a bucket that wasn't as wide as my tire width I'll appreciate this 66" bucket come snow time... not sure what your situation is in winter though.