Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket?

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
I'm slowly getting a clue about all the remote stuff, enough that I can confuse myself :laughing: I'd like 3rd function stuff rather than diverter, I think. One up front for a grapple. Two at the rear for top-n-tilt functioning.

Just about ready to head to the dealers and sit down and negotiate a deal on an NX5510H (no cab). Should I be looking to purchase with dealer-installed, or should I just order aftermarket (something quality of course) and install myself?

What should I expect for pricing?

Off topic (but germane in my negotiations): is it pretty standard affair for dealers to include ballasting in tires as part of the standard pricing? (quote I got from Kubota for an MX5200HST included it)

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #2  
Non factory equipment tends to look like something some farmer rigged up in a hurry and on a budget.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #3  
There are some creative guys here that have done a great job but I always did the best getting the extra remotes when I bought the tractor. It works, it looks like it belongs and It's ready when I am. If you can afford it, go factory.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #4  
I personally would go with factory install as I would believe the time and effort including possible mistakes could add up if I did it, you might be more comfortable with hydraulics. Before my injury I had two companies one was for large land landscaping jobs. I rented cat 416 very often as I loved the backhoe on it, Greg had told me to be careful about watching the hydraulics in the front as its possible to start a fire if you ruptured them. Not sure if it happens often but I have always kept two 10 B rated fire extinguishers on hand. Trying to think of a good spot to mount one on the nx. This is my second reason for not wanting to try to do any hydraulics myself.

As for rear tire ballast Deere was optional but the Mahindra and Kubota seems to include it.

Last edited:
   / Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #5  
Another thing to consider is the quality of the remotes and the valve features offered in the factory setup. I can only speak directly about the ones on my Mahindra 7520. ... They are good valves; good feathering control, detents both directions, float function - all in a clean setup.

I wish I had opted for 3 instead of the 2 that came standard.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #6  
I'll bet two or three remotes will gradually become an OEM standard as more tractors are using TNT or grapples or whatever. It's such an unnecessary hassle and cost to add them after purchase but probably not much more to add during the build.

The remotes on a used Kubota M6800 I just got are real quality and much above what I have installed as aftermarket parts. First class parts.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #7  
I would recommend going with factory installed. Unless you are good at fabricating and metalworking. I am not good at those thing and don't have the equipment.

As for cost, you are probably looking at $1200 or more for 2 remotes installed from the factory. You could probably buy all the aftermarket parts you need for $300 - $400, but then, depending on your skills, you would need 10 hours or so to install.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #8  
Kioti doesn't offer a factory 3rd function , so it's going to be a aftermarket kit or dealer built. As for the rear remotes, The NX can have 2 installed. At about 300-350 each. Not sure about a open station but on a cab model some of us have installed 3 but you have to source your own bolts that are long enough to add the 3rd. Usually you can negotiate a bit cheaper price on stuff if bought all at the time of the tractor purchase.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #9  
I for sure am not happy with the factory valves on my DK. Way to much leak down IMO.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #10  
My Workmaster came with 1 factory remote installed as standard but it is designed for 2. I probably should have gone ahead and had them install the 2nd one but being the tight wad that I am I did not. I may buy the factory remote kit and install it myself or just let them do it. The mount is there and the room is available. The "83" 4610SU that I bought last summer did not have a remote and I put one on it. The cost was very affordable. Around $300. It's aftermarket and I'm OK with it on that unit. I want factory remotes on the Workmaster.