My NX5510H

/ My NX5510H #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
OK, perhaps a bit premature, as I don't have it yet, but I just put money down on an NX5510H. I was finally able to check out an NX series tractor with a loader on it and felt that it would be fine. As noted in another thread, I was worried about the excessively larger turning radius than the Kubota MX5200 and Mahindra 2555. Thanks to the great folks on this forum it was discovered/proven that Kioti's published specs say it's measured with braking, but in reality it's not.

Why did I make this decision, over the Kubota MX5200 and Mahindra 2555? (not in order of importance)

- It's orange! :laughing: (it'll match my B7800)
- Best ergonomics (I like the loader joy stick to the side; didn't like the treadle pedal on the MX5200- don't like it full on-platform [I'm fine with the treadle, perhaps even preferring it, as I have it on my B7800, though the rocker portion is under platform)
- Loader lift capacity (not as good as the Mahindra, but not far off- the trade-off is a quicker cycle time; Kubota's loader, though the best cycle time, is significantly less)
- 3pt arm control lever at the rear (not sure if Mahindra has one, but I know that the MX5200 doesn't)
- Good quality (pretty close to Kubota's; a fair amount better than the Mahindra)
- Price (the NX5510H wasn't that much more than the 2555; it was about the same as the MX5200)
- Eric has yet to kill his NX6010! :laughing: (figure they've got to be fairly robust)

There's other bells and whistles; well, there's a horn! I just noticed that today when I went to sign paperwork and saw that the NXs have a horn. No idea whether the MX5200 or the 2555 have one, but I actually think this is a good thing to have. I remarked to the dealer that it has a horn, beeped it, then said: "SOLD!" :laughing:

I cannot say enough good about my Kubota B7800 -I am keeping it, probably will never let go of it. I am very biased toward Kubota and had it been a bit closer I'd quite possibly leaned in that direction. I realize that the Grand Ls would be a better apples-to-apples comparison, but the jump in pricing was too substantial for me (I need some money left over for attachments).

I'll post back. Not sure if I'll be looking to create an epic threat like Eric:D

/ My NX5510H #2  
Definitely post some pictures when you get it. Most of your points I found to be very true when comparing. On my way to Wendell I did not realize I had put in the Kioti
distribution center. It was a brand new very expansive building and very nicely landscaped. Gives me hope for hope that they will have parts in stock.
Wish I had thought to take a few pictures when we realized the GPS picked up the
distribution center first.

/ My NX5510H
I'd hope that I/we really don't require a bunch of replacement parts! :D In the six years of owning/abusing my B7800 (which already had 758 hard hours on it when I bought it) I really haven't required that many replacement parts (last was seat tracks- the rough ride finally broke that metal! after finishing up some mowing WITHOUT a seat I was very happy that Kubota had replacement parts available in fairly short order).

There are several things that I do NOT like about my decision:

- The NXs seem to have a lot of stuff that's vulnerable to being trashed; Kubota appears to do a LOT better job of tucking stuff out of harms way (my B7800 isn't the best, but what is exposed has mostly managed to survive harsh exposure); I'll be looking to install skid plates (like Eric did)

- Travel pedal response; the delay just feels like something is not right; I know that this is "just the way it is;" I'm used to instantaneous, quick movements; hoping that I can adjust to being more patient- my strategy is to reprogram myself that it's a safety feature, a bigger tractor that one doesn't want to have instantly launch!

- It's NOT a Kubota; there's a reason why I'm keeping my B7800, it's reliability, it's ability to survive my wars is worthy of a great book!

- Didn't order a cab; after once again renting a really nice cabbed excavator I came to appreciate having a cab; I leaned away from one because of the extra expense (that cost can cover a few important implements), extra things to break, and my need to always be jumping on and off tractors- my climate isn't horribly cold or horribly hot, so heat and A/C really isn't life-saving- rain, on the other hand... but I don't look to do a bunch of tractor work when it's raining anyway; also, not sure if a cabbed model would fit inside my (yet to be built) garage (due to orientation and proximity to house, and fundamental needs, I could go with bays with very tall doors [one will be 9'])

I had to hurry up and pull the trigger. I've got to site prep for my garage. And I've got a trail of disaster to clean up after my recent excavator work. My B7800 could do much of this, though only slowly (in comparison).

/ My NX5510H #4  
- Eric has yet to kill his NX6010! :laughing: (figure they've got to be fairly robust)

I'll post back. Not sure if I'll be looking to create an epic threat like Eric:D

Congrats! May you have many tractor adventures!

/ My NX5510H
Eric, that looks rather domesticated/pedantic compared to all the other stuff I've seen you engaging!

I've got over 900 hours operating my current tractor. Not likely I'll top the adventures that I've had with IT! :D

I've put a hold on my NX order. I'm getting a quote for a cab model: trying to think ahead- this will likely be the last tractor I purchase; when I'm more old and more feeble I'll thank myself for thinking about my older and feebler self, if, that is, I'm not too feeble :D

/ My NX5510H
Got a quote for the cab. Came out to be (with rear wiper) $5,144 more. I was bracing for much more, in which case I went with it. Just managed to get this in to their next block of orders. Hoping to have take possession in under three weeks from now.

FIRST new vehicle, ever! And, likely, last! :laughing:

/ My NX5510H
Next up will be to order some attachments.

I'll be going with an EA 66" Wicked Grapple. Will also be ordering pallet forks (more of an immediate need). I'm really looking forward to SSQA! I think that SSQA stands for rapid bank account depletion!

I've got what is likely the best 60" box blade ever made -Modern Ag- and am hoping that I can get by with that for a while. It really is heck-for-stout (though it's Cat 1, it's built like Cat 2). And, Eric, I HAVE broken a ripper on it, but that was only because I'd had them set WAY low/long after doing some "rototilling" in the garden and was trying to break up some massive roots on a cedar tree. And, I'll confess to using it to bulldoze with: done lots of it, though I managed to bend a lower link arm (B7800) while trying to force a big, downed tree trunk to move.

I've also got a "light duty" Rankin 60" rotary cutter. Not sure if I can use this on the NX w/o destroying it. I'd like to be able to do a little bit of brush clearing (but, that almost always lead to...). May just refrain and continue to use it on the B7800 to open things up: this combo has performed admirably, so I guess why change what's working. But, I DO need to cut grass, so...

I'm looking at flail mowers, 84". I want hydraulic side shift (got lots of obstacles and ditches), which starts tugging harder at the wallet. I'm currently keeping an eye out for reports from someone on these forums who has ordered a WoodMaxx 78H. If the report is positive then I'm going to swing for one of these.

/ My NX5510H #8  
[snip]
I'll post back. Not sure if I'll be looking to create an epic thread like Eric:D

Why not? You're already off to a great start. Keep the updates coming. :thumbsup:

/ My NX5510H
Why not? You're already off to a great start. Keep the updates coming. :thumbsup:

I don't want to beat my tractor like Eric does! :laughing: (kidding, Eric) He's still a novice compared to me on my B7800- of course, I've got over 900 hours of hair-raising stories on this tractor! I recognize that I'll be dealing with something that'll be significantly more expensive to repair, in which case I'm not going to push it as hard as I've done my B7800.

/ My NX5510H
Ordered the EA grapple and pallet forks. On Friday the Kioti dealer let me know the tractor was shipped and that they should see it by/around the 26th and that maybe I get it by the 29th. The EA shipment is expected around this same time. It'll be interesting to see what shows up first :D When I first purchased my B7800 I managed to pick up a 5' rotary cutter and get it home before the tractor was delivered!

P1050440.JPG

That was nearly 6 years ago!

In the meantime work must continue... I decided to load up the back of the Polaris Brutus with some saplings that I'd ripped up (via excavator). Need to get this area all ready to go to build my woodshed and I can't wait for the new equipment to show up. Thought I'd taken a picture of Polaris loaded down, but when I went to review the picture it wasn't there :( It looked just like a grapple with a big clump of brush, only it took my human power to grab it all up! (easy enough to unload with the power dump:D)