Price differential NX open station vs cab

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
Now that I've just ordered an open station NX5510H I'm having second thoughts and wondering whether to change my order to an NX5510HC - cabbed version. Anyone know what additional costs a cab tends to ring up?

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #2  
If I remember correctly I thought mine was about 9k more. I'll add it was worth every penny.:)

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #3  
I'm thinking it will be around $8K, but I shopped 2-1/2 ys ago.

If your budget allows, and unless your intended use is incompatible with a cab, I'm quite sure you'll not regret making the change now.

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab
II'm quite sure you'll not regret making the change now.

IF I survive the potential coronary from the added cost!:eek: But, yeah, I initially talked myself out of a cab because I thought that I was already looking at a big jump in "luxury" (compared to my B7800).

I did notice that the overall height is less than a ROPs (open station) model. I was thinking it was taller, which would be a "minus" (likely not fitting in my yet-to-be-built garage).

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #5  
I am so so happy with my Cabbed tractor but we do have more than one to choose from. Given the choice again I would go with the Cab no questions asked!!

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #6  
I love cabbed tractors and ever time I get a rental it makes its easy to see why the extra money is worth it. Plus yellow jackets love to dig-in on the edges of the woods where I mow so its a no brainier for me since there seem to be
so many here.

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #7  
Had open ck35 spring of '15, by fall traded on NX hydro cab...best move ever..it's sweet. One thing is if you get a backhoe you def need to do the seat mod so you can move the tractor from the ground...

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #9  
Had open ck35 spring of '15, by fall traded on NX hydro cab...best move ever..it's sweet. One thing is if you get a backhoe you def need to do the seat mod so you can move the tractor from the ground...
Anymore info on this "seat mod"?

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #10  
IF I survive the potential coronary from the added cost!:eek: [snip].

Six months in, I'll almost guaranty you won't give a second thought to the additional cost. :cloud9:

Since you're planning on keeping your B7800, you'll have the best of both worlds. Maneuverability for smaller tasks and work in the woods with the Kubota. Killer A/C and heat; protection from ground bees, wasps, rain, snow and dust; a radio/stereo you can actually hear while you're working, and the ability to add a 7" monitor and backup camera for $50. I also recommend the optional rear windscreen wiper. I think mine was about $150 to have the dealer add it before delivery.

Oh, since you're handy, I recommend skipping the factory radio and adding an aftermarket unit yourself. You can save some money, and have NOAA weather frequencies if you like, among other features. One of the TBN members has recently even found a source for a mating wiring connector that will match the factory harness. The NX cab models all come prewired with harness, antenna and overhead speakers. Altho for NOAA weather frequencies, you'll need to change the antenna mast to a taller one. Easy to make your own.