Comparison Kb2465 vs kb2365

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365 #1  

cadillac

Tractor
Kioti CK2510HST
I'm looking at backhoes for my 2510. There is a used kb2365 and a new kb2465 available.

Does anyone know what changed between the models? I'm trying to decide between the two.

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365 #2  
I have the KB2375 which is their older model like the 2365. The 24 series had numerous improvements with the build, improving on the weak points in the original structure. Many areas are heavier built. I haven't studied them side by side but for mine, they built up the small end of the boom which cracked on some. The boom swing area and stabs were also built up. Pivot pins were increased in size. A different valve assembly is also used. Overall, I think it's tougher built. Unless a steal on the 23, I'd go with the 24.

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365
Thank you for the reply. The 23 has about 300 hours on it (we'll the tractor does at least, guy traded in both). It's about $1200 less I think.

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365 #4  
Before buying, I'd want to give it a try and make sure there are no leaks in the valve assembly and every cylinder works properly under load. The most common thing that happens and has been reported by several members is the spools, the rods that go up and down in the various valve control blocks, can get some rust on them. The spools are sealed by rubber o-rings with nylon backup washers at the top and bottom of the valve block. The rust can tear apart the o-rings and then leak hyd fluid. Other than obvious visual damage, the pivot pins and bushings for the boom, dipperstick, and bucket can wear but are replaceable. An easy fix if replaced before the wear goes into the actual pivot housings. I've replaced my boom and dipperstick pins and bushings with about 100 hours of use and they were always greased well. I spray the spools with fluid film when not using/storing the bh. Cylinder seals can go but this is less common. Hard to say if it's worth $1200 less without seeing and trying. Pivot pins and bushings aren't that expensive but valve block parts can be. If hardly used, then probably a good buy. Didn't say the above to sway you. The 23 just needs checked over.

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365 #6  
Before buying, I'd want to give it a try and make sure there are no leaks in the valve assembly and every cylinder works properly under load. The most common thing that happens and has been reported by several members is the spools, the rods that go up and down in the various valve control blocks, can get some rust on them. The spools are sealed by rubber o-rings with nylon backup washers at the top and bottom of the valve block. The rust can tear apart the o-rings and then leak hyd fluid. Other than obvious visual damage, the pivot pins and bushings for the boom, dipperstick, and bucket can wear but are replaceable. An easy fix if replaced before the wear goes into the actual pivot housings. I've replaced my boom and dipperstick pins and bushings with about 100 hours of use and they were always greased well. I spray the spools with fluid film when not using/storing the bh. Cylinder seals can go but this is less common. Hard to say if it's worth $1200 less without seeing and trying. Pivot pins and bushings aren't that expensive but valve block parts can be. If hardly used, then probably a good buy. Didn't say the above to sway you. The 23 just needs checked over.

What he said.

I had a KB2365 on my CK20. No issues at all and it was a nice BH. I do like the design of the KB2465 better but the older version worked well except for some folks who had trouble with the valve assembly leaks.

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365 #7  
Used vs new for $1200, I would buy the 24 series without a doubt.

/ Kb2465 vs kb2365 #8  
Used vs new for $1200, I would buy the 24 series without a doubt.

I would agree. I don't think there is any significant difference in performance but as some KB2365 BHs had trouble with valves I'd pay the extra for a new KB2465. At $2000 difference I'd get the used one if you can test it as the repairs are not that expensive if it does need it in the future.