Pricing a DK5510HS

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #21  
Hi all. Thanks for the thread and great info. I too am looking at the DK 5010Hs and will have a variety of dumb questions while I'm learning the tractor.
What I've learned so far.
When I can afford it, get the Woods BH90x.
Get a third function, now. I know I'll prefer the control on the stick.
Fill the tires.

What I'll need to learn more about.
Which grapple to get. Trying to understand the pros/cons of single vs double arms and a variety of other things I don't know.
Weights. How much is too much?
What I may need to use for rental implements like augers and shrub diggers.

Telescoping 3 point. What's the benefit?

My main use is to maintain 21 acres of wooded mountain, level several landings, clear brush and some trees, dig fence posts and dig collection drains to manage water flow.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yeti

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #22  
Plan on a ballast box in addition to the filled rears.

I bought a EA Wicket Root dual lid 66" grapple and while I have nothing else to compare it to and have not used it much, I really, really like it so far.

Cant answer on the telescoping lowers ... I got just the standard lowers and put a set of Pats quick hitch's on. I like them but am going to take the time to use a more robust system of mounting implements than the washers that come with them. I had a pin come lose from my ballast box and the washer then the arm quickly slid off. I drug the box a short time before realizing what had happened.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #23  
Thanks for the feedback.
Plan on a ballast box in addition to the filled rears.

Front and back? Before long I'll be getting a backhoe. What type of weight should I look at getting?

For the grapple, I'm trying to understand how much pressure the lids will apply. i.e. if I want to "cherry pick" something, will it supply enough pressure to pick up a 1 ton log? I see they are setup for least resistance first which is ok so long as each lid has more grip strength than a newborn at the end of the clamp cycle.

Thanks

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #24  
Ballast on the rear ... obviously will not be needed / possible once a backhoe is installed. I put on a Titan ballast box and added seven 80lb bags of concrete. I found that a little light on one of the logs I moved last weekend but nothing a little care couldnt take care of.

Not sure how much pressure the lids apply .... might be a question best asked of the manufacturer of whatever model you are looking at. I know mine will dig in pretty good when I squeeze something closing.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #26  
That one is up to he who writes the check .... I had an opportunity to buy a new NX4510 HST for the same price I paid for the DK5010HS. I didnt want a HST and instead bought the DK.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #27  
Cant answer on the telescoping lowers ... I got just the standard lowers and put a set of Pats quick hitch's on. I like them but am going to take the time to use a more robust system of mounting implements than the washers that come with them. I had a pin come lose from my ballast box and the washer then the arm quickly slid off. I drug the box a short time before realizing what had happened.

I've had telescoping lower links on two tractors and am actually looking forward to having fixed links to give me an excuse to buy either Pat's easy change or a quick-hitch. Telescoping lower links make implement hook-up possible, but not easy. From the videos I've seen Pat's or a good quick-hitch will make it easy.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #28  
So. I walked in to the dealership today to finalize the Dk5010HS purchase and saw a manual transmission NX4510 for just a bit more than the DK. Given my planned use, (trees, hoe and brush clearing) it seems that little bit extra size may help a bit on the side of a mountain.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #29  
I have an NX5510HC, which is the same frame as the NX4510. It's a nice size tractor and feels (I have ballast in the rear tires) pretty solid and stable. No idea on the DK5010. How do the specs compare for dimensions and weight? (greater stability coming from width, length, ground clearance [height above the ground] and weight). Power-wise, isn't the DK5010 50hp? Other thing would be the loader, if one were getting one (sorry, I don't recall the path that this thread has taken, so I might be speaking off-base here).

I used Pat's Easy Change on my Kubota. It's now setting on my shelf*. And keep in mind that my Kubota's lower link arms are not telescoping AND they're turn-buckle (for width)! My preference would be for a quick hitch; but, that would require proper quick-hitch compatible implements, something of which I do not have:(

* I may give them a shot on my NX before I look to sell them.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #30  
I wasn't aware the DK 5010 had a telescoping lift arm option. I opted for the Kioti quick hitch which works great, just make sure you get the balls for it from your dealer.