Pricing a DK5510HS

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #1  

BlessedMess

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200
Spent some time this weekend at a few different dealers -- orange, red & green -- and was unexpectedly most impressed with the DK. Likely in the top 2 of the open station options being considered --

PROS: light weight (truck limits towing capacity), quiet engine, economy PTO, strong warranty, competitive loader/3PH specs, reasonable cost backhoe option

LOWS: light weight (traction limited w/o ballast), no telescoping link ends, notchy HS lever... thinking LS' powershuttle lever is industry gold standard, and all Kioti dealers are ~2+ hours away

Does $23.9k with loader and one remote + tax sound about right? And $6.5k for backhoe (after rebate, incl. install). Believe these are all cash prices. Many thanks in advance and for any free advice on Kioti tractor shopping.

p.s. I also tried a SS NX4510 and surprisingly liked the DK better (quieter, PS, ePTO, loader joystick placement). They also have an old stock but new 7 hr NX4510HC + loader + one remote for $27k, which is tempting except weight is higher and PTO hp lower than preferred.

Last edited:
   / Pricing a DK5510HS #2  
I recently purchased a DK5510HS for myself. Before that I've had a LS U5030 and XR4046.

I've only had my DK for 2 weeks, just enough time to barely put 30 hours on it but so far I love it. Pretty much agree with your pros/cons. I filled the tires but will probably build a 3pt rack for suitcase weights for a little extra ballast when needed.

I added 2 remotes, 3rd function valve, rubber deck mat, front and rear work light kits and quick link 3pt arms (uses the euro style 3pt arms with removable balls). All worthwhile upgrades.

I'm not going to comment on pricing but will say this tractor has far exceeded my expectations so far. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS
Appreciate the comments and upgrade suggestions... thanks man, and also a big congrats on the new tractor! Any chance some pics, especially of those upgrades and end links, are coming soon?

Also, do any owners have any feedback on the DK's DPF regen characteristics, e.g. frequency, duration, and/or performance changes (if any) during regen?

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #4  
Here's a pic from last week, I will grab one of the 3pt arms when I get a chance.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #5  
The arms are designed to leave the balls on each implement but I have a few sets and just switch them around. Makes hooking up real easy. Especially on larger implements.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #6  
Nice tractor and grapple...
Who is the grapple manufacturer?

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #7  
Question on the grapple.
I know we have four connections for the FEL did you have to install another one to be able operate the grapple jaws for opening and closing ?

Did the original quick attach plate of the FEL fit on this grapple?

What make and size is your grapple?

Those arms. Did you have to change the whole arm or is it just a kit that fits on the existing telescopic 3PH arms?

Thanks
Gilles

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #8  
Nice tractor and grapple...
Who is the grapple manufacturer?

Thanks, I'm very pleased with this tractor so far.

I bought the grapple from a gentleman that purchased it new and never used it. I believe it was made by Titan.

/ Pricing a DK5510HS #9  
Comments below

Question on the grapple.
I know we have four connections for the FEL did you have to install another one to be able operate the grapple jaws for opening and closing ? I installed a WR Long 3rd function kit to run the grapple

Did the original quick attach plate of the FEL fit on this grapple? The grapple came with a universal skid steer mount. So far it's fit on the 3 tractors I've owned

What make and size is your grapple? See my comments in the reply above, I believe it was made by Titan. It's a 66".

Those arms. Did you have to change the whole arm or is it just a kit that fits on the existing telescopic 3PH arms? My DK did not come with telescoping arms, just standard fixed arms. These are new lower arms that replace the factory ones.

Thanks
Gilles

/ Pricing a DK5510HS
Appreciate all the pictures and information, Jeremy. Beautiful tractor -- she looks like quite the workhorse, esp. with that grapple!