Kioti and parts availability warning

/ Kioti and parts availability warning #1  

plesciad

Tractor
None
Kioti and parts availability warning. Is it true?

I'm a small scale vegetable farmer and my partner and I are in the market for a "do-it-all" machine. For us, that means, ~50hp, 4wd, front end loader, HST or creeper gearing that can go +/- .3 mph, and 60" tread centers (front and rear) with thin rear ag tires.

A Kioti dealership 120 miles away is saying they can meet these requirements with the Kioti NX5010 (with 24f transmission).

I've been warned (by a Kubota salesman) that some Kioti owners in our area have been left out to dry by Kioti, in that they can't get parts for 6 year old tractors.

Has anyone here had that experience with Kioti? Or is that just a smear by a competing salesman?

Last edited:
   / Kioti and parts availability warning #2  
My :2cents:

1) If there is a parts availability problem it is probably related to the dealer rather that Kioti. However, I think JD and kubota parts availability are considered the benchmark in the CUT segment.

2) Yes, IMHO you are ill-advised to buy from a dealer that far away ESPECIALLY as you will be relying on this machine to earn a living. Might as well buy a used machine.

Have you priced a Kubota M5660SU?

/ Kioti and parts availability warning #3  
I'm a small scale vegetable farmer and my partner and I are in the market for a "do-it-all" machine. For us, that means, ~50hp, 4wd, front end loader, HST or creeper gearing that can go +/- .3 mph, and 60" tread centers (front and rear) with thin rear ag tires.

A Kioti dealership 120 miles away is saying they can meet these requirements with the Kioti NX5010 (with 24f transmission).

I've been warned (by a Kubota salesman) that some Kioti owners in our area have been left out to dry by Kioti, in that they can't get parts for 6 year old tractors.

Is that a verifiable claim against Kioti? Or just a smear by a competing salesman?

Also, would we be foolish to buy a tractor from a dealership so far away? (We don't have a heavy duty truck or trailer, and would be gambling that the Kioti didn't need to go to the hospital much if at all.)

We are also looking at the Kubota's MX series with HST and John Deere's 4 series with HST (local dealers), but Kubota can't do 60" tread center fronts, and the Deere is more expensive and they are cautioning against using their HST for drag implements (which we would need to use).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I would not work with that dealer.Talk to these people that went that far to buy these Kioti tractors that this Bota dealer is talking about. Maybe there is a good reason they went that far to buy. What other brands are in your area.

/ Kioti and parts availability warning
My :2cents:

1) If there is a parts availability problem it is probably related to the dealer rather that Kioti. However, I think JD and kubota parts availability are considered the benchmark in the CUT segment.

2) Yes, IMHO you are ill-advised to buy from a dealer that far away ESPECIALLY as you will be relying on this machine to earn a living. Might as well buy a used machine.

Have you priced a Kubota M5660SU?

We'd love to go used, except that finding a used tractor with all of our spec requirements has been like finding a needle in a hay stack so far.

Our dealer hasn't been talking to us about the M5660. I think it's because we really need the slow speeds, that transmission can't achieve slow speeds </= .5mph, am I right?

P.S. What does SU stand for?

I would not work with that dealer.Talk to these people that went that far to buy these Kioti tractors that this Bota dealer is talking about. Maybe there is a good reason they went that far to buy. What other brands are in your area.

Brands in our area are New Holland, Kubota, and John Deere.

Kubota guy wouldn't give me the contact info for the dudes who were partless and regretting their Kioti's :laughing:

/ Kioti and parts availability warning #6  
Brands in our area are New Holland, Kubota, and John Deere.

Kubota guy wouldn't give me the contact info for the dudes who were partless and regretting their Kioti's :laughing:

Gee wonder why:laughing:. If you need to stay close by check on those other brands then.:)

/ Kioti and parts availability warning #7  
We'd love to go used, except that finding a used tractor with all of our spec requirements has been like finding a needle in a hay stack so far.

Our dealer hasn't been talking to us about the M5660. I think it's because we really need the slow speeds, that transmission can't achieve slow speeds </= .5mph, am I right?

P.S. What does SU stand for?

SU I think = special utility (ie not a delux model)

/ Kioti and parts availability warning #8  
Sent you a PM.

Intriguing gentlemen, but back to the question. Have any of you ever had trouble getting parts for your Kiotis or do yall just like to keep them nice and shiny in their sheds and only take them out on weekends?

/ Kioti and parts availability warning #10  
Intriguing gentlemen, but back to the question. Have any of you ever had trouble getting parts for your Kiotis?
Well from one to another the answer is have never had any issue with parts in the 15 years I have owned my Kioti tractor.