Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment #2  
Wow, that is a cool alliance. Good for them.

LS only offers a few implements. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that my yellow King Kutter 5' mower and 7' rear blade may both end up LS blue before this year is over.

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment #3  
does anyone know if backhoes are part of the deal?
Since Kioti already has backhoes, I wouldn't expect them to offer a competing option.

Just my thought though, I don't know.

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment #4  
Since Kioti already has backhoes, I wouldn't expect them to offer a competing option.

Just my thought though, I don't know.

Woods also makes loaders, don't think they will be offered on new Kioti's either.

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment
Woods also makes loaders, don't think they will be offered on new Kioti's either.

Both correct, I spoke with Melissa and she confirmed it is only implements in their agreement. Now I have to go back to my dealer and beat him down from that $8500 price tag.

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment #6  
Correct. We had a couple of Woods engineers in here at work yesterday, and they also said it's an implements only deal.

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment #7  
Yeah, when I was at my dealer's recently he showed me a rototiller. I noted right away that it was high-quality (5 or 6? blades). He said he was making a special deal to his Kioti customers (only), something about $400 to $500 off; off what I don't know. I have an interest in a rototiller but I was always figuring it would be for my small tractor (doing a small food plot). I have plenty of area that I could use a larger tiller on, but cannot really justify it: wife, however, is talking about some commercial-level operation, and perhaps then this would make sense. I'd really like to get a good deal on a box blade: to-date I've been eyeing a used Gannon (w/rippers), but it's out of state and shipping costs would likely make such an acquisition cost ineffective.

Anyway, I've always liked Woods stuff. This is great news for Kioti; it'll tend to hold them up at a higher level (I'd hope that this pushes them toward it).

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment #8  
<snip>

Anyway, I've always liked Woods stuff. This is great news for Kioti; it'll tend to hold them up at a higher level (I'd hope that this pushes them toward it).

I like Woods brand equipment too, but I have to say adding it to the Kioti lineup is good for Kioti tractor and implement buyers. I disagree with Kioti needing to be held up at a higher level though. Kioti can and has stood on it's own for many, many years, and competes well with all other brands in it's class/size of tractors offered.
Woods in conjunction with Kioti may offer more choices as far as add on's to Kioti's own implements, but Kioti's reputation and product are strong and have/can stand up fine all by themselves.

/ Kioti branded (painted) Woods equipment #9  
I look at it differently. I see Mahindra's offerings (branded from various suppliers) and they look cheap*. Kubota has Landpride. Deere, Woods. My point is that if Kioti were to have selected lesser grade implements that it for sure would have a negative effect.

* It's what my dealer was carrying and offering when I bought my NX. I went with EA's grapple and forks rather than Mahindra ones. I will say, however, that the Mahindra branded heavy duty brush hog, 7' I believe, is a very competitive, high quality implement (but nothing of the such on the dealer's lot- and, it's likely something that very many are going to run across).

My Kioti has paint coming off of it (and the paint is pretty sub-par) and it's basically a brand new tractor. And I see rust. Take a look at my 11 year-old, 1,700 hr B7800 (that's been through ****) and you're going to see very little of that. I bought a Kioti because I felt like it was a good value. I won't place it in the same class as Kubota based on my own, firsthand experiences. It could very well be that the Kubota is over-kill (and yes, the price is always higher- that higher prices comes from the best dealer support channel [this was pretty much documented in a wide industry leading survey] and good literature [I look at my owner's manual for my Kioti and I wonder what tractor they were documenting when they wrote it as much of it is just wrong]).

I'm content with my NX, with my decision to purchase it. If money were no object I would have gone with another Kubota. I went with best value.

Kioti can show some more polish by going with Woods.