50hr service - Did something change for 2017?

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #1  

RinconVTR

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 Hydro
I understood and was told by my dealer the 50hr service was to change engine oil AND hydro oil...along with nearly all filters.

The manual says change the engine oil and a couple filters at 50hrs, that's it. No new hydrostatic oil till 400hrs and no mention of other filters commonly changed.

Is this new? Good/Bad?

IMG_20170312_082537402_zpsitgnus6z.jpg

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #2  
I understood and was told by my dealer the 50hr service was to change engine oil AND hydro oil...along with nearly all filters.

The manual says change the engine oil and a couple filters at 50hrs, that's it. No new hydrostatic oil till 400hrs and no mention of other filters commonly changed.

Is this new? Good/Bad?

IMG_20170312_082537402_zpsitgnus6z.jpg

That is the same as my 2012 Dk-40. I did run the fluid thru a screen though.

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #3  
Same on my NX, engine oil and filter and hydraulic filter. And front axle oil. Only other filter would be the air cleaner, no need to change it at 50. Only reason your changing the others is due to all the machining debris that may be in the casting.

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #4  
I think your dealer was wrong. Very common (on many brands) to change filters but not fluid at 50 hours. Not related to 2017 at all.

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #5  
No change in the manual. Always been this way. I changed fluid at 50 though. Its up to you.

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #6  
Looks basically the same as for my M6040. I DID change the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours though.

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #7  
I changed my fluid at 50, also. Relatively cheap insurance. The large magnets in my rear diff drain plugs were covered with metal shards. And now getting ready for my 400 hour service.

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017? #8  
This issue has been hammered on elsewhere. With only 50hrs the fluid is going to be fine. It's the filters that do the work.

One other thing is that there's no mention of changing oil at the 50hr mark for Tier IV engines (Tier III they show it): both the owner's manual AND the shop manual are in agreement. It makes sense, but I, like most others, opt to change the engine oil: it's not a big quantity, as is the hydraulic fluid, and it's cheap (I run DELO 400LE in all my diesels).

/ 50hr service - Did something change for 2017?
To cap this thread off...its true the engine oil is not called out to be changed at 50hrs.

The only thing called out is the transmission and hydraulic filter.

Problem is...the manual does not call out the filter number and removing the filter will drop 2.5 gallons of fluid...50% capacity.

They are the same over all size and diameter but not the same seal size and possibly different construction.

mHHOZo7.jpg

wwnzZ5t.jpg

YSnbpHE.jpg

mHHOZo7.jpg