2013 Kioti DK35SE Information

/ 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
I am talking on the phone to a one owner private sale about a 2013 Kioti DK35SE w/FEL, has 300 hrs.
I know the brand as I've owned my 2002 DK40 for ~13 years. I am also a retired wrench, so know how to size up a machine pretty well.
Tractor is inside storage, no notable history. What say you on pricing and things to look for that are model specific?
I've scoured the web and still calling a few dealers looking for left over models in my size range of 30-45hp. I much prefer a pre-regeneration/pre tier 4 tractor plus I like the heavier weight of the older series Kiotis.
Thanks for your thoughts.

/ 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information #2  
I am talking on the phone to a one owner private sale about a 2013 Kioti DK35SE w/FEL, has 300 hrs.
I know the brand as I've owned my 2002 DK40 for ~13 years. I am also a retired wrench, so know how to size up a machine pretty well.
Tractor is inside storage, no notable history. What say you on pricing and things to look for that are model specific?
I've scoured the web and still calling a few dealers looking for left over models in my size range of 30-45hp. I much prefer a pre-regeneration/pre tier 4 tractor plus I like the heavier weight of the older series Kiotis.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Well, I like mine, and use it all the time. Mine has more hours than that one. Make sure the loader level indicator rod and rod guide are very tight. I locktited mine and staked it too. They all loosen up and fall down and then you wad up the rod. If you have any specific questions, I will try my best to answer them. I gave 19,200 for mine when it was new. hydrostat open station. Not sure what it would bring now.

/ 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information #3  
I really like my 2014 DK45se hst. No cab. Well built and reliable. I would absolutely purchase again. Bought 2 DK45seh's, both with a KL401 loader and a KB2485 backhoe. Splitting the total cost in half for one tractor setup I spent $29500 out the door. Take away ~$9000 for the backhoe and that's $20500 for tractor and loader together.

keep in mind the DKSE series is considerably different than the DK series.

whats the asking price?

/ 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information
These SE's are among the few Kioti, pre-tier 4 heavy enough gross weight to get me excited in their HP rating group. I am "in the process" towards a price. I'll PM a price paid to you or others who are long time members here but not an open price on the web. Now days the web is sort of forever with prices and they can bite you if you happen to make a great deal on something.
This tractor is a nice one & sellers motivated but timid on dealing as he seems to reply on a dealer for feedback.
Got some other Kiotis in the works but need a weekday to play on the phone.
The other tractor of interest is a 2013 DK40SE, 167 hours. I'm messaging that one too for price point, etc.. It's a whole days haul one way ~9 hrs, the DK35SE is a 4 hr RT.

One large difference in these two machines is loaders-the DK40SE has a KL401 and the DK35SE I need to ask??? which one
I understand the differences mostly as my paper shop manual is (conveniently perhaps?) for SE's.
Thanks for now...

Last edited:
   / 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information #5  
I thought the DK35 SE came with the KL351 loader and the DK40 and 45 had the KL401. Big difference in ability if my memory is correct probably enough to merit me going the extra hours of driving if the price is close.

I would be curios to hear prices in a PM when your ready.

/ 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information #6  
I thought the DK35 SE came with the KL351 loader and the DK40 and 45 had the KL401. Big difference in ability if my memory is correct probably enough to merit me going the extra hours of driving if the price is close.

I would be curios to hear prices in a PM when your ready.

That is correct. While the DK35se can have the KL401, it was hardly ever set up that way. The KL401 has over 1200 lbs more lift, but it is noticeably slower. The Kl351 (which I have) has skinnier hydraulic cylinders and since the pumps are almost identical, the KL351 is snappy fast. The Chassis of the DK40se is 4 inches longer and the engine has one more cylinder too. Also the DK40se is nearly always fitted with taller tires. The KL401 is always fitted with a 72 inch bucket, and the KL351 is fitted with a 66 inch bucket.

The DK40se is definitely a "step up" literally and figuratively in the fact it is higher off of the ground, so a bigger "step up", and the loader capabilities are for sure greater, although I do pretty good with my faster but weaker loader. Believe it or not one reason I chose the DK35se over the DK40se was the wife (she has a bad back) had trouble getting on the step of the DK40se. So we got the DK35se with the shorter tires, it was much easier for her to get on. In the years I have owned the DK35se, I have not been disappointed in it.

As I have gotten a little older too, I don't mind the lower to the ground tractor either.:)

Getting older is the lucky aspect of tractor ownership. I'll post as i go on this journey further...

Tractorbynet has machine configurations which list two loaders as I passed on here. I have not ruled out a Mahindra either as these buyong binges move in mysterious directions as stuff comes available.
I got an interesting response this morning on a Kioti listed in KS Craigslist, my native state BTW.
The lady says her husband was hit in the head by a hay bale and the price listed is the payoff on their tractor.
Curiosity is up because I found a different one listed in VA on Craigslist which was a scam. "Lady" said her husband had a heart attack and she was selling, etc.. The story went on an on, sort of like a "Nigerian letter" if you've seen one of those? Fortunately most of us are honest and the scams are in the minority.

What about a 2014 DS4110 tractor, w/310 hours? KL402 loader on this one. Should I stay away from the Tier 4 engine? How long away is an expensive emissions part?

This 2014 has many similar items (shifter setup as just one e.g.) to my older DK40 so they must have had some parts they needed to use up on those DS series?

/ 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information #9  
What about a 2014 DS4110 tractor, w/310 hours? KL402 loader on this one. Should I stay away from the Tier 4 engine? How long away is an expensive emissions part?

This 2014 has many similar items (shifter setup as just one e.g.) to my older DK40 so they must have had some parts they needed to use up on those DS series?

There is a big difference in the DS vs the DKse series. The DS are "standard" tractors, the DKse are "upscale" or luxury tractor with many more features. Similar to the Kubota Grand L's.

/ 2013 Kioti DK35SE Information #10  
I thought all DS tractors were tier 4 Intern not final meaning they don't have the emissions added on. My understanding is they were very able machines just no HST but had a power reverse option with an 8f/8r trans.