3054 Valve body threads

/ 3054 Valve body threads #1  

Jim_in_Omaha

Gold Member
Tractor
LK3054
Does anybody know what size the fitting is that needs to go into the hydraulic valve block? I know it's not 16mm. It might be 5/8? There are 3 of them and I'm wanting to replace the ones I got with o-ring to #6 JIC 37's and get rid of the lousy banjo style stuff thats on there now. I keep blowing out seals.
thanks
Jim

/ 3054 Valve body threads #2  
Perhaps a Kioti shop guy can confirm this, but I believe the fittings are 3/8" BSPP. You will have better luck replacing the O-Ring with a bonded copper seal. Overtightening the orings causes them to leak. If it turns out my info is correct, I can send you a couple of the seals. You can PM me if I happen to miss the confirmation posting and you want the seals.

/ 3054 Valve body threads #3  
OK, I do not know the numbers but we get them. We run to the hyd. supply house throw the fittings on the counter and get exactly what you want in a ORB (o-ring boss) fitting to J.I.C.

dave

/ 3054 Valve body threads #4  
If you can't find the BSPP fittings locally, go to www.fittingsandadapters.com and select "metric fittings". Then choose the BSPP to JIC stye you want. They average around $5 each.

/ 3054 Valve body threads #5  
Good link! I should have suggested that one too.

The o-ring boss will work, but make sure you get the hard o-rings made for the fittings. The regular softer ones will deform and leak when tightened down.

/ 3054 Valve body threads
JimMc,
thanks about the seals. I'm going to try and get JIC fittings. I'm going to try and find some BSPP 3/8 and confirm that it is the right size before ordering fittings again.

thanks
Jim