Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST #1  

Haneyrm

Silver Member
Hello.

I am in the market for a new tractor and have narrowed it down to the DK4510HS or the CK4010HST.

I have 10 acres of flat land that I mow on a regular basis so I want to be able to pull a 6 rotary cutter at a reasonable speed. The rest of the time, the tractor will be used for loader work, post hole digging, etc.

Local dealer has CK4010HST for $19,900 and the DK4510HS for $23,000. I found another dealer in a different state that has the DK5010HS for $20,600 with floor mat and 2 rear remotes. Sounds almost too good to be true so I am still looking into that one.

I like the CK but it feels a little small. The DK feels a little large. Not sure what to do here. A DK with HST would be perfect but the hydraulic shuttle is the only option over straight gear drive.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST #2  
You have 10 acres flat land? Where is Water Valley? :laughing: I have 32 acres and only about 1/2 acre is flat. I had the same decision to make when I bought my 3510, but I do a LOT of loader work and that clinched it for me...HST over shuttle.

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST
Water Valley is south of Nashville. Closest town is Columbia. This is a little misleading though as this tractor is for my place in Sarasota, FL.

All 10 acres are flat. Do you pull a 6’ rotary cutter with your CK?

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST #4  
No rotary, I plan on getting a flail mower after I clean up a few acres in my "backyard" for a possible pasture. I've had the property for 4 years now, but have been busy with more important projects on the house. Have you considered a flail mower? I'm sure other CK3510 and 4010 owners will let you know how a rotary handles.

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST #5  
The DK series is coming out with a HST in early 2018. I would go with the DK series. I just bought a CK4010 HST and wish I would have got a DK series for more HP. I would have waited if I knew the DK would come with a HST.

HST on a DK would seal the deal. Like the hydraulic shuttle but would still prefer HST. Thanks for the info.

Dealer called today and let me know that Kioti will not have the DK HST out until May of this year. Now just need to decide if I should wait or jump into a hydraulic shuttle.

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST #8  
Have you looked at the NX series?... More power with HST.
Make sure you have enough tractor..... Nothing more frustrating than being underpowered.

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST #9  
Hello.

I am in the market for a new tractor and have narrowed it down to the DK4510HS or the CK4010HST.

I have 10 acres of flat land that I mow on a regular basis so I want to be able to pull a 6 rotary cutter at a reasonable speed. The rest of the time, the tractor will be used for loader work, post hole digging, etc.

Local dealer has CK4010HST for $19,900 and the DK4510HS for $23,000. I found another dealer in a different state that has the DK5010HS for $20,600 with floor mat and 2 rear remotes. Sounds almost too good to be true so I am still looking into that one.

I like the CK but it feels a little small. The DK feels a little large. Not sure what to do here. A DK with HST would be perfect but the hydraulic shuttle is the only option over straight gear drive.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I am assuming the tractors come with loaders for those prices? I wish my pricing was so low, north east pays a premium. Anyway for 23K I would go with the bigger tractor if you don't FEL much you can get by without HST.

/ Thoughts on DK4510HS or CK4010HST #10  
I just bought a 4510 manual trans with FEL and have 12 acres to mow, plus a 800ft gravel driveway to maintain. I did not even look at the CK tractors. Remember also that the DK may look big on the dealer lot but will look tiny on your land. Also if storing in a garage or lean to make sure it can fit. For $3000 go bigger.