PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB

/ PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB #1  

rprecision

Tractor
Farmpro 2430
I have been pricing out the Kioti NX line of tractors. I started off hot and heavy on the 50 hp model but after learning more about them think the 55hp model may be a better long term decision.

There are three dealers in Colorado and have been pricing thing's. From what I see on here they seem high, higher and laughable.

Dealer #1 (closest) NX5010 HST CAB, KL6010 loader, KB2485 Backhoe, agg tires, one remote

$44,452 + tax

Dealer #2, NX5010 HST CAB, KL6010 loader, KB2485 Backhoe, agg tires, block heater, detent second remote, tires filled with rim gaurd, free delivery.

$42,395 + tax

Dealer #3, (most rural) NX5510 HST CAB, KL6010 loader, KB2485 Backhoe, agg tires, block heater, second remote, tires filled with rim guard

$54,974 + tax + delivery

I am shopping ahead of time, shooting for a purchase June to August.

Obviously Dealer #3 is pricing out the 55hp model but from my understanding there is normally a $1600-1900 difference between models.

What do you guys think?

/ PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB #2  
Shop on Tractorhouse. This will give you a nation wide search.

/ PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB #3  
Yes - #3 does stand out from the crowd. I wonder - do you REALLY need the backhoe attachment??? I'm probably not current but last time I checked that was about a $7000 addition. I've seen so very many posts where the backhoe is needed for ONE project and then - "takes up a lot of storage room" OR "really nice 3-point ballast implement". Be sure you DO need it - on an on-going basis. That's a WHOLE LOT of $$$$ if it just becomes ballast or used for one project. That dollar amount could purchase several implements that will be used more frequently. OK - end of my rant........

BTW - that Kioti will be a very nice tractor.

/ PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB #4  
Go back to dealer number one with dealer number two痴 price and low ball him a little more, you can always come up. Get the backhoe it comes in handy more than you think. Happy hunting! Let us know how you make out.

/ PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB
Yes - #3 does stand out from the crowd. I wonder - do you REALLY need the backhoe attachment??? I'm probably not current but last time I checked that was about a $7000 addition. I've seen so very many posts where the backhoe is needed for ONE project and then - "takes up a lot of storage room" OR "really nice 3-point ballast implement". Be sure you DO need it - on an on-going basis. That's a WHOLE LOT of $$$$ if it just becomes ballast or used for one project. That dollar amount could purchase several implements that will be used more frequently. OK - end of my rant........

BTW - that Kioti will be a very nice tractor.

You make a fair point. I spent $800 renting a mini excavator for a few projects last year. I have three projects right now I could use it on. Looking forward 10 years, i think it would save me, my family and friends money.

Do I have to have it? No, but I hate buying other people's equipment just to use it for a few Hours!

Thanks for all the replies I'm going to keep working at it.

I'm really not warm and fuzzy buying from out of state dealer. I think having a relationship with a dealer is important. On the other hand I'm not going to pay more then I need too!

Last edited:
   / PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB #6  
I bought both my tractors from the same dealer. They are an old established farming family in this area. A handshake from one of their salesmen means more that a ream of paper on a purchase. I never did look around for a different dealer. Been going to the same dealership now for 36+ years.

Kind of like my old leather recliner. Had it 30 years and when I sit in it - so comfortable - hard not to fall asleep.

/ PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB #7  
You make a fair point. I spent $800 renting a mini excavator for a few projects last year. I have three projects right now I could use it on. Looking forward 10 years, i think it would save me, my family and friends money.

Do I have to have it? No, but I hate buying other people's equipment just to use it for a few Hours!

Thanks for all the replies I'm going to keep working at it.

I'm really not warm and fuzzy buying from out of state dealer. I think having a relationship with a dealer is important. On the other hand I'm not going to pay more then I need too!

One more thing, you may pick up some extra money doing jobs for your neighbors with that backhoe attachment

/ PRICE CHECK 2018 NX5510 HST CAB #8  
I'm with oosik, unless you really need a backhoe I'd skip it. $7 can get you a lot of rental time with a far superior digging machine: excavator. Can you recoup costs by doing side work (neighbors), possibly; but, unless you properly cost things out (your time counts!) you're not going to really know for sure. I bought new and used implements, grapple, pallet fork, box blade and rotary cutter all for under $7k; I use all of these, each likely more than I'd use a backhoe (so, my needs don't require/justify a backhoe; others need to assess their own needs/requirements).

I believe that I shelled out $36k (max $38k) for my NX5510HC. That was with ballasted rears and two extra remotes (total of three).