How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth?

/ How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth? #11  
$ 2400 dollars is a lot of money. At least it is to me. That will buy a real nice bush hog, tiller or whatever implement you might want to buy. Also, some big wholesale tractor dealer 800 miles away would give me pause to think about pulling the trigger. A lot of unknowns there.

I will say this, I bought a new boat 3 years ago and saved $ 10,000 dollars by traveling 4 hours away. I ended up with a bigger motor, better trailer, and a nice trolling motor on the exact same boat. I do not regret that at all and the local dealer would not budge on his price. I also bought my tractor 4 hours away from home and saved thousands on the same set-up had I bought it local. I actually ended up with a very nice 20 ft trailer and box blade included in that package.

/ How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth? #12  
I’d hate to buy a tractor that doesn’t have a local dealer. Online parts are hard to decipher what you need. Actually buying from that dealer isn’t worth very much to me.

/ How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth? #13  
IMHO...
Given all things equal...
No more than $500...

/ How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth?
Both tractors include loaders and I would not be paying tax on either.

I've had several conversations with my local dealer and he told me the cheapest he could sell me the DK5010HS for would be $24,000. The DK4510HS is $22,500. The DK5010HS 800 miles away is $21,125. He is well aware of the other quote i have and just doesn't seem to be able to get close on price.

I had one of our guys go by the out of state dealer and look at the tractor. It's brand new with 2 hours on the clock. No issues whatsoever.

So, I'm going to give him one more chance to get closer and save me the trip. Otherwise, I'm heading out of town. It's too much money to ignore.

Thanks.

/ How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth? #15  
So, I'm going to give him one more chance to get closer and save me the trip. Otherwise, I'm heading out of town. It's too much money to ignore.

Thanks.
x 2. Would do the same at this point

/ How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth? #16  
$1500 difference between the 45 and the 50 at the local dealer......

......would the same hold true out of town?

If the 4510 will do everything you need, maybe go out of town and come in under 20 grand:thumbsup:

/ How Much $$$ is Local Dealer Worth? #17  
I understand your dilemma... My advice is to go for the less expensive tractor. You've been honest with your local dealer and given him every opportunity.

Selling a tractor is a 'one off' for a dealership... their true profit is in parts and service, which your local dealership will be receiving from you.

$1500 difference between the 45 and the 50 at the local dealer......

......would the same hold true out of town?

If the 4510 will do everything you need, maybe go out of town and come in under 20 grand:thumbsup:

My exact thoughts as well. However... Oddly enough, the difference between the 4510 and the 5010 at the out of town dealer is $20,999 to $21,125. Price difference is basically nothing. He has a great deal on the 5010.

x 2. Would do the same at this point

I exchanged emails with my local dealer last night and made an offer that I felt was very fair and reasonable. I offered $21,970, all cash, and I would also buy a new 6' rotary cutter from him as well with very little discount. It's an off-brand cutter but seems to be well built. It a Silver Edge model 1506 and is $1,800. Full retail is $1,895. It's heavy, has a 100 HP gear box and slip clutch on the PTO shaft so it seems like a decent cutter. The out of town dealer has Titan 1206 for $1199. It's a little lighter duty cutter but would be fine as all I'm cutting is grass.

I have quotes from 10 dealers on the DK4510HS and my standing offer to my local dealer is the average of the middle 8 quotes. I threw out the highest and lowest quotes. I'm not asking for him to match the lowest but just be at the average. As it stands, he's the highest of any of the quotes.

Thanks.

Update: Local dealer decided my offer was fair and reasonable and I bought a new tractor today. Figuring in transportation costs for the other machine, I'm just a few hundred more to stay local. Close enough for me and I'm good with it.