draft control on the 25hst?

/ draft control on the 25hst? #1  

yoyo

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25HST
Is there a draft control on the CK25hst?

/ draft control on the 25hst? #2  
I am assuming you are asking about draft control, and not position control.

Look at the housing where the top link attaches to the tractor. If there is a spring, or a movable part there, then it likely has draft control. If the top link is connected to a solid cast housing of the tractor, then likely it doesn't have draft control.

Draft control (at least it used to be) was a mechanism to lift the 3pt arms when compression of the top link exceeded the set point of the control. Usually draft control is to lift a ground-engaging attachment, such as a moldboard plow, when it begins to run too deep (for a variety of reasons), when attached to the 3pt arms.

/ draft control on the 25hst?
I don't think it has draft control. It's not mentioned in the brochure. I would think that a compact tractor could make good use of it though. It does mention draft control for the fel? I might get to look at it closer maybe next weekend if the tires come in. I'm running out of time for the financing special , it ends this month, and I need to get it ordered. Waiting to see if any dealers here might would like to give me a quote for a CK25HST w/fel?

/ draft control on the 25hst? #4  
<font color="blue"> I'm running out of time for the financing special , it ends this month, </font>

Kioti financing is good thru the end of next month - JULY '04.

I have not read anywhere that the CK25/30 has draft control. I'm not familiar with draft control in regards to a front end loader. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don

/ draft control on the 25hst? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It does mention draft control for the fel? )</font>
Maybe float? Maybe joystick control? Not draft control on a FEL, it's not needed as it is not really supposed to be ground engaging in the sense a plow is. John

My mistake. It is Float and not draft. What is float or is this way to obvious?

/ draft control on the 25hst? #7  
Yep /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif - obvious, as "float" is no down pressure (weight of the bucket, etc.) and no lift pressure.

Also, the 3pt arms are always in 'float' when the position control lever is all the way forward, as there is no down pressure. At any other placement, the position control lever keeps the 3pt arms held up at the selected position.

/ draft control on the 25hst? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My mistake. It is Float and not draft. What is float or is this way to obvious? )</font>
To try to make it really clear. The joystick has a four-way operation. If one pushes the stick all the way forward, the stick will lock into float, the loader bucket will go to the ground and will follow the contour of the ground as you back drag the loader. For example, you just dug a little dirt up while removing a small tree and now you want to cover the hole up. You curl the bucket cutting edge down to where when you drop the bucket, it will "scrape" the dirt as you back up. If you don't put it in float, and the tractor goes over a hump, the bucket will rise and fall with the tractor. In float, it will just stay on the ground and follow the contour, pulling the dirt into the hole. It's useful for other things, but that's what I use it for the most. Same story on the 3PT hitch with position control as Beenthere mentioned. Drop the implement all the way to the ground, the lever at it's most forward position, the implement will follow the contours of the terrain. Don't worry about obvious, if you're new to tractors, there's very little that is obvious. John

Thanks John , alot I'll have to learn. I haven't been on a tractor since I was a little boy, and I didn't know what all the levers and knobs were for then either!. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif