Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.?

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.? #1  

Dejol

Tractor
None
I am close to purchasing a Kioti tractor. Hoping to get some insight from Kioti owners on which one to choose. I have been looking at the NX4510 HST with cab and the CK3510SE with a cab.

My main uses for the tractor will be mowing off about 15 acres of old hay field and blowing snow in the winter. I am planning on a front mount blower with mid mount PTO. Here in idaho we often have storms that will leave 12"-24" overnight. I will also be maintaining a 350' gravel driveway.

Any advice or personal experience with these tractors will Be much appreciated. Thanks!

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.? #2  
Well....you will get a lot of input on this topic. More horsepower will let you get chores done faster. That's the best way I can put it. There are trade-offs, mainly from the initial cost of the tractor.

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.? #3  
If there's unlimited funds than I doubt we'd be debating this. I'd probably spend the extra money on more implements unless you truly only need like 3.

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.? #4  
There’s a world of difference between the CK and NX series. The CKs are a lighter duty tractor, and the NXs are much more of a commercial machine. That being said, they’ll both be able to do the job, it’s just that the NX will be able to do it a lot faster. With a front mount blower that is hydraulically powered, that extra hp and higher flow pump will make a big difference when trying to blow 24” of snow. The NX4510 has 17.9 gpm pump, whereas the CK3510 has 11.7 and the CK35 has 12.9. Also the NX is at least a thousand pounds heavier, which with aid with traction when trying to push into the deep snow.

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.? #5  
Yeah, not really comparable machines. If you can afford the NX, get it. You'll be happier with it.
If you can't afford it, the CK will do the job, but you will always know you compromised due to cost. Nothing wrong with that, of course, at least 90% of us got what we could afford over what we dreamed of. :)

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.?
There痴 a world of difference between the CK and NX series. The CKs are a lighter duty tractor, and the NXs are much more of a commercial machine. That being said, they値l both be able to do the job, it痴 just that the NX will be able to do it a lot faster. With a front mount blower that is hydraulically powered, that extra hp and higher flow pump will make a big difference when trying to blow 24 of snow. The NX4510 has 17.9 gpm pump, whereas the CK3510 has 11.7 and the CK35 has 12.9. Also the NX is at least a thousand pounds heavier, which with aid with traction when trying to push into the deep snow.

That is a great point, but the front mount blower will run off of a mid mount pto, so I am not too concerned with the flow differences. I appreciate your input!

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.?
Yeah, not really comparable machines. If you can afford the NX, get it. You'll be happier with it.
If you can't afford it, the CK will do the job, but you will always know you compromised due to cost. Nothing wrong with that, of course, at least 90% of us got what we could afford over what we dreamed of. :)

I agree with your points. Just wasn稚 sure if the 45 was overkill for what I intend to do. I usually go with 澱igger must be better?

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.? #8  
I might be wrong... But I don't think the NX has a mid- PTO option..

/ Should I buy 45 or 35 H.P.? #9  
Yes they do have optional mid pto