2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent?

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #11  
No question the mini excavator would be better , but the BH I purchased with my Kioti has paid for itself!

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #12  
I doubt that the bh92 backhoe I ordered with my new Kubota will ever pay for itself. But it's worth the convenience of owning one and having it at my disposal whenever I have use for a backhoe. With my old Woods 3-pt BH, I have done many small projects that I would have never rented a machine for or hired a contractor to do.

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #13  
It may not be an excavator, but owning your own backhoe is a rewarding experience. There are things that you will do for yourself and for family/friends that you otherwise would not do if renting is the only option. You have the freedom to slap it on and use it at will.

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #14  
It may not be an excavator, but owning your own backhoe is a rewarding experience. There are things that you will do for yourself and for family/friends that you otherwise would not do if renting is the only option. You have the freedom to slap it on and use it at will.
Pretty much sums it up.
I have most of my bigger backhoe jobs done.
My backhoe doesn't get used a lot any more, but it is there and ready to go any time I need it without the hassle of renting.

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #15  
Pretty much sums it up.
I have most of my bigger backhoe jobs done.
My backhoe doesn't get used a lot any more, but it is there and ready to go any time I need it without the hassle of renting.
Yes, I added the backhoe that was about an $8,500 option in my size tractor. I reasoned that year 1 and 2 it would get frequent use, after that it will hide in the shop and if I need it for any reason over the next 25 years it so, there it is... Waiting to go.

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #16  
My backhoe has been paid for, for years. Doesn't cost me a thing if it sits there for a while.
When I need it, I throw it on and go.

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent?
I bought the backhoe! The dealer called me yesterday, the truck was leaving the factory and there was room for the sub frame. I said, "Yes -- Let's do it!" I visited the bank this morning and took over a check for 1/2 of it -- 2nd half when I take the tractor over and get it serviced and put on.

Thanks for all of the inputs -- pros and cons.

Yesterday, I rented a 4,000 LB lawn roller and circled the yard at church several times. The 'rental clock' ticking away in my head -- I got tired just thinking about it -- made about 20 trips around and took it back in the early afternoon -- glad to be rid of the thing. Renting has its pluses and minuses -- So does owning.

I'm looking forward to getting some 'back seat' time and playing in the dirt.

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #18  
Congrats! I’m sure you’ll be happy with your purchase. Be sure to posts pics of your first project.

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #19  
Heck yes, buy! One of the best toys I've ever bought. Well, the entire tractor is one of the best toys I've ever thrown money at! IMG_20180413_151509757.jpegIMG_20180413_122147517.jpeg

/ 2010 DS4510HS -- should I buy a backhoe or trade in or rent? #20  
TLBs are indispensable for old homesteaders or any other landowners that enjoy doing things for themselves. I have no equipment rental companies any where close and must hire out the work or do it myself. I especially enjoy digging out pesky stumps with the backhoe. All you need is a little practice and away you go.

Enjoy your new backhoe and all that it can do.