Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE?

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #1  

LMychajluk

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE
I'll probably be ordering a CK3510SE tomorrow, and want to get a Pirahna Bar (or similar tooth bar).

It seems the bucket (66") has holes pre-drilled for a tooth bar / cutting edge. Can the Pirahna bar be ordered to bolt into these holes instead of drilling out new holes on the sides?

Anyone else have the Pirahna bar on a Kioti?

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #2  
I'll probably be ordering a CK3510SE tomorrow, and want to get a Pirahna Bar (or similar tooth bar).

It seems the bucket (66") has holes pre-drilled for a tooth bar / cutting edge. Can the Pirahna bar be ordered to bolt into these holes instead of drilling out new holes on the sides?

Anyone else have the Pirahna bar on a Kioti?
The bucket holes are for mounting it to the pallet for shipping. Rather than try to match up with the holes it is likely easier to drill new ones. I did that for my tooth bar using a step bit.

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #3  
The higher holes in side of bucket are for shipping. Ones he's asking about are along front lip for the bolt on reversible cutting edge that you can buy. Those aren't for tooth bars or individual teeth.

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE?
So the holes on the edge are used for the cutting edges, but not for a tooth bar? That seems like a waste of a perfectly good set of mounting holes...

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #5  
I suppose if you were pushing snow over pavement or doing lots of grading with the bucket you would appreciate the reversible and replaceable lip.

Anyway, I noticed the holes straight away and initial thought was they were for bolt on individual teeth. But if you look at that edge, it doesn't look beefy enough to hold up to that if you were doing some tough digging or going after some roots. For lighter duty buckets you need those small 90 deg tabs connecting with sides of bucket along with the over-the-lip support. Otherwise you would mangle the bucket most likely. Depends on what you were doing and what kind of breakout or curling strength you had. I'm not an engineer - could be wrong - but from just looking at CK3510 and noticing those same holes it looked like it would be a bad idea to use them for individual teeth without some other reinforcement.

I don't know how the piranha attaches since I bought a different brand, but mine only uses 1 hole on each side of bucket to attach. Goes around the lip of bucket. So real easy to install/remove - only 2 bolts total - but seems to have enough stiffness on its own to work hard and not risk deforming the bucket flatness at the lip. I could see a different design using those holes and not needing to go around the lip, but would still need the small extensions bolted to sides to hold up to any kind of curling motion with the teeth engaged in something tough.

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #6  
I installed the Pirahna bar last year on my CK27. Easy to install. That bucket steel is somewhat hard so use a step drill once you get the pilot hole drilled. I think the bolt size is 3/4" The bar makes all the difference when leveling and digging. The 2 mounting holes you drill are on the bucket side walls. Read the instructions carefully, as you need to make the hole with some room so if the bucket lip wears down you still have room to move the bar back to tighten it up.

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #7  
Have the Pirahna also. Best thing you can add to your bucket. Well made and makes a world of difference!

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE?
On your CK2610, do you have a 60" or 66" bucket? Went by the dealer this morning, and he said my CK3510se would be in this week and would come with a 66" bucket, but some of the CKs on the lot had a 60" bucket and he said he's swap at the same price. I'm not loading / moving a lot of material, but may be doing some light brush clearing and culling young trees from the forest around the house and was wondering if there's a benefit to going with the 60" bucket?

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #9  
I don't own the tractor you are getting. However, looking at the Specs, if I did my preference for it would be a 60" bucket. I have a 60" bucket on my L4200 and I just think it makes for an overall better fit for that size tractor.

/ Pirahna Bar for CK3510SE? #10  
You have to drill holes for the pirhana tooth bar. I prefer the 60 bucket as it just as wide as my machine. I don稚 think you would miss the extra width.