Was Kioti ever made by Kubota?

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #21  
I have been reading tbn for sometime now and have never posted because I did not have anything to ad.Now I do, as a ebay seller this is right up my alley.First you can not misrepresent your ad in this case by now he knows thats what he is doing also you can not charge fee's for people using paypal.Both can get you suspended.Not to be mean but I will give the guy another day or so to correct his ad.If not safe harbor will be notified and that will probably be the end of that auction.Apples are apples and oranges are oranges it's just that simple.I would hate to see somone pay that amount of money and not get what they thought.Plus it brings down all the people who bust their butt to be honest sellers on ebay.

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #22  
Welcome to the site! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I agree with you 100%.

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( First you can not misrepresent your ad in this case by now he knows thats what he is doing also you can not charge fee's for people using paypal. )</font>
I reported him to Ebay two days ago for Brand infringement, and e-mailed him telling him to correct the ad, but nothing has changed. He's clearly not interested in the truth. My next e-mail is to the Kubota Corp. They can deal with him. John

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #24  
John . I see you're going to make US the sue happy bad guys again /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe you could CC a copy to Kioti too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John.

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John . I see you're going to make US the sue happy bad guys again Maybe you could CC a copy to Kioti too John. )</font>
I guess it could be seen that way if I were using TBN as a platform in my e-mails, but I'm doing it as a sometime Ebay seller and purchaser. I hate to see the old Kubota/Kioti relationship story continue. They are both great tractors on their own, and people should know the truth. Ebay has a strict policy against misrepresenting Brand Names, and this guy is doing that in a big way. I wouldn't want anyone to sue, but just put the fear of it in this guy. John

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #26  
John , I was just having some fun . No doubt what this guy is doing is mis representing the truth. That's wrong , plain and simple ! as you said. Both marks are great machines . That goes for most others as well. To mistake facts about something is fraud , pure and simple !
A few months ago , I was down at a local Lawn equipment place. They had a 19 series Kioti on the lot . The sales guy tried to tell a customer it had a Kubota engine in it . I got the customer off to the side and explained it wasn't true . I also told him that it was a reliable machine ,Period . It just wasn't a Kubota powered tractor . I also went and had a talk with the sales guy. Seems like he was a "victim" of the same Urban Legend . Anyway the deal was done . And I think they're both happy John

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John , I was just having some fun )</font>
I did know that John, by the use of the smiley face! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just felt compelled to explain further. J

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #28  
I've never understood the confusion around this whole Kioti-Kubota thing! I mean, do people think all minvans are made by Chrysler/Dodge simply because they made the first ones and that all subsequent makes look similar? Come on people, open your eyes, read something, and become educated!

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Come on people, open your eyes, read something, and become educated! )</font>
Well said dbear. I've never understood why so many will just take another's word for something important. One of the reason's Ebay scammers often win. John

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #30  
Sorry to break the news to you, but the first mini vans were manufactured by Chevrolet and they were called Corvair FC Greenbriar's. They were also the first vans to have doors on both sides as well as the rear. They were called 8 door vans. Just because Chrysler reintroduced the concept almost 20 years later, isn't reason to ignore the facts that Chevrolet invented the first mini van in 1961!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Oh..... Ford followed shortly there after with the Ford Falcon mini vans.