Was Kioti ever made by Kubota?

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #61  
Well I always wondered why when we uncrate them they come with both Kioti and Kubota stickers and you make a choice as to which you put on.

But seriously I have folks come in stand 5 feet from the tractors and ask me how I like these Kubotas and I must point out they are Kiotis and go into a long explantion as to what they are.

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #62  
Thanks! I was just in a smart a$$ mood last night when I posted that! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif But today I got in quite a few hrs moving a big pile of topsoil - it hasn't rained in a few days, and with luck it won't tonight. Today I had to stop to go to my nieces birthday party, but tomorrow is all clear, and so is the weather radar map!

I kept thinking about the recycled tooling rumor today as I was working, and then I would look at the sleek, swoopy lines of my LK3054. Then I would laugh! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif There's not a compond curve on the thing, you could just about make all the sheet metal with a brake! The tooling for that thing was pretty economical I'd bet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It may not be fancy, but I'm more impressed with it every hour I put on it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just as I finished typing this, I heard what sounded like thunder out my window! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I THINK it is fireworks somewhere nearby - at least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself!

/ Was Kioti ever made by Kubota? #63  
Bigtractor, I notice all those crumpled Kubota stickers in the garbage when I was out there today! Why don't you use one or two now and then just to satisfy a few other people? Naw.

Chris. Today couldn't have been more pleasant here! No rain, not much BRIGHT sunlight, under 90 degrees, nice breeze all day. I spent a lot of time at Bigtractor's dealership taking multiple pics of CK20, 25, and 30. I lined them up side by side in the hopes I can show the size difference.

I also took pics of LB1914, LK3054XS, and a DK45 with loader and backhoe to be posted sometime tomorrow probably.

I think the similarities of Kioti are nothing more than them looking at Kubota's success in the market, and copying some of the designs. Hell, the Japanese did that with Cameras, Cars, and just about anything else that has been a success in the world markets.

I hope you get some good, dry seat time tomorrow! John