Price Check Opinion, is this a good price?

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #1  

Sugar Creek Farm

Tractor
Case IH JX80
2013 Kioti CK30 HST with KL130 loader, 247hrs, almost new condition, they are asking $12,000. Looks like a great little tractor with very minimal wear and tear. I used to own a 2008 DK45 and was pleased with it and now need something just a little smaller for small jobs. I haven’t bought a tractor in a few years and was wondering how the asking price for this one compares to other CK30s around the country.

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #2  
For comparison, a dealer I stopped at a couple of weeks ago had a '14(?) CK35 w/ loader with <100 hrs on it. I think he said he a was asking $13,500, which was what he gave the guy on a trade-in. So, it doesn't sound bad, but you may still have a little wiggle room.

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #3  
Well you would be getting a near new tractor without all the new emissions. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #4  
Sugar Creek Farm
:welcome:to TBN good luck with on getting a good deal on the ck30.

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #5  
Brand new our CK35 (Gear) w/ FEL & filled Tires was $17,500. HST added another $1k so it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Also if it has any extras like rear remotes (Cost me about $900 to add rear remotes to it myself later) that should factor in as well.

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #6  
Back in 2005, I purchased my CK30hst with the KL130 new for $16,000. Sounds like a good deal other than I believe no warranty by now. That year is past when there was the injector gear problem. Any service records? If not, then I'd just do all the oil and filter changes to have a starting point and that may give you a little room on price.

/ Opinion, is this a good price?
It’s been a one owner with service records kept up. To me it sounds like a good deal for the amount of hours on it. Another question, is there really much difference between the ck30 and a ck35 as far as performance goes? I know of a ck35 for the same price with 570hrs but it’s an ‘08 model. Trying to weigh the pros and cons of both.

/ Opinion, is this a good price?
Do you guys feel that the KL130 loader is adequate enough for that size tractor?

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #9  
The best I can remember, the KL130 was middle of the road among brands for that size, the newer CKXX10 series loaders are now slightly stronger.

That being said I have done everything from grubbing stumps & sapplings (4" dia) to moving Virginia Red Clay dirt, asphalt millings, rocks, brush, logs, and a few smaller round hay bales and the biggest limiting factor I have run into was not the loader capacity but rather the lack of adequate counterweight to USE that capacity.

Even WITH filled rears, the KL130 requires a 700 lb counterweight (per the manual) and I just don't have anything that heavy duty. I did make a ballast barrel with steel & concrete but then I added a Quick Hitch and it won't fit my barrel geometry & I haven't reworked it to fit.

This is merely my opinion with no scientific basis whatsoever but - if you have work in mind that you think you'll need every last bit of loader capacity then I would step up to a larger tractor. You'll be happier with a machine that's working to 70-80% capacity than one that's maxed out, plus it will be better for the tractor over it's lifetime.

/ Opinion, is this a good price? #10  
When I bought my 2013 CK30 HST for 18,500 Canadian. I think you are getting a great tractor for the price jump on it.