Kioti Compact Kabs

/ Kioti Compact Kabs #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi everyone who has a Kioti with the new Compact Kab. I read a lot of old post going back quite a few years. I want to hear from someone who had one installed on their Kioti recently or the last year. I am in the process of buying/ installing one on my Ck 30 and need a few questions answered.
1 did you get the comfort package ( inside the cab padding)
2 how sound proof is it in the cab
3 Is the heater doing a good job?
4 how long does it take to get heat in the cab after starting in the winter.
5 Fan/Blower does it circulate the air in the cab pretty good.
6 When first installed did the comfort package material smell strong of chemicals
7 How do you rate it in 1-10
I will be making my big decision by Wednesday
Thanks for all the info
Gilles

/ Kioti Compact Kabs
I guess not too many kab owners here. Kioti is so hard to find info on anything why is that? Maybe I should of bought a Kubota lol.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs #3  
Sorry you didn’t get any answers. My ck20 had an aftermarket cab and the heater worked pretty fast. I was out of my jacket pretty quickly after only a few minutes plowing.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs #4  
I am guessing most of us either went with open station and stuck with it or (like me) decided on a factory cab with air conditioning from the get go. Your post inspired me to look at the "field cab" on the Kioti site and it does look like a nice option for those wanting some winter comfort. Good luck with the install should you decide to purchase.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs
I am guessing most of us either went with open station and stuck with it or (like me) decided on a factory cab with air conditioning from the get go. Your post inspired me to look at the "field cab" on the Kioti site and it does look like a nice option for those wanting some winter comfort. Good luck with the install should you decide to purchase.

Thanks, look like I will defintaly go for it. Can't go wrong I guess as long as I get what the Kioti brochure shows.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs #6  
I have the factory cab on a ck4010.

Heater will blast you out in a few minutes of operation.

Defroster is great until you start blowing snow into the wind. The blowback of fine snow fogs things up pretty fast, but redirecting the discharge downwind helps.

My local dealer installed at least a half dozen field cabs last season. Says the owners like them. We have mild summers so the owners are ok with no a/c in the field cabs.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs
Thanks finn1 for the info. I am still waiting for my dealer to come out and give me a quote on how much they will give me for my soft cab, roll bar etc on trade in on the Compact Kab. They are slow lol.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs #8  
I’m not sure what your tractors trade in value is. I have a ck3510 and I was thinking of getting a field cab installed. I was told they were very nice but there’s nothing like a factory cab. After getting a price on it and seeing what my trade in value was, I decide it would be better to trade it in for a new factory cab tractor. Haven’t actually pulled the trigger yet.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs
Update dealer offered me 1800 for my soft cab, roll bar etc on a compact kab. So the deal is 9000.00 original price of kab - 1800.00 trade in = 7200.00 + tax = 8136.00 for new kab installed. They are coming sometime this week to pick up the tractor. They say it will take 3 days to remove and install new kab. Don't forget this in Canadian money. This would work out to about 1500 less in American money so that would be 5700.00 American which is a good price.

/ Kioti Compact Kabs #10  
Gillies, I have the comfort cab (dealer installed) on my 2012 Kioti. It puts out good heat in winter. I am a little bit north of you I think. You do need to watch out for the blend valve (mine leaked and the dealer replaced it warrantee) and it leaked again. You might want to tell the dealer to change the location of that valve and exchange it for a ball valve.
They aren't the quietest cab out there.
The only chemical smell I found was the 'new' smell.