Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy...

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #11  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( <font color="blue"> I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between which machine mowed what area. </font>
Until the tractors got close to the low area and the heavier CK20 started leaving tire tracks before the JD2210 did. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

<font color="black"> Or you were up close and personal to a house, or landscaping and the slighly smaller turning radius of the 2210 allowed you to follow the landscaping while the slightly larger would require you to back up and realign.

The quality of the acutal cut would depend more on the quality of the deck. I loosly described the JD as a better mowing machine because of a variety of reasons with things like weight and manuverability being two components. Height is a third because the taller tractor will likely hit the branches of your wife's new dwarf ornamentals. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Not that I would know about that! </font>

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #12  
<font color="blue"> Until the tractors got close to the low area and the heavier CK20 started leaving tire tracks before the JD2210 did. </font>

But then again, the smaller tires of the 2210 probably would loose traction, spin the tires and pull all the grass out......while the larger tires of the CK20 would just motor on through. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Until the tractors got close to the low area and the heavier CK20 started leaving tire tracks before the JD2210 did. </font>

But then again, the smaller tires of the 2210 probably would loose traction, spin the tires and pull all the grass out......while the larger tires of the CK20 would just motor on through. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

The smaller tires of the 2210 MIGHT lose traction in the low area IF the climb back out IS steep; however I question how much smaller the tires really are. The front tire of a 30hp medium frame Kubota B2910 is identical in size to the front tire of a 24hp small frame NH TC24, but the rear tires are different sizes (but not by much).

Certainly the choice of tires might also affect traction. I would suspect that if both tractors had R4s on them, then there would not be any real traction issues involved with mowing any typical piece of rolling property, regardless of high or low. But low does generally get soft after rains and that would be an issue for a heavier tractor when mowing.

But again, if the main functions are going to be landscape construction, with some mowing, then I would pick the Kioti in this battle. However, if the main function of the machine is landscape construction, then the CK20 should be matched up with a Kubota 7510, a JD4010, or NH TC21.

And if the main functions are going to be mowing, with some landscape work, then the 2210 should be compared to the BX Kubotas, the GC Masseys and the TZ New Hollands.

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #14  
"... the smaller tires of the 2210 probably would loose traction ..."

Well then, why not just go for broke and get a 100 HP tractor with batwing decks? Sure would cut down on the turns, and I'm pretty certain it would power right through those low spots. Hey, you could even get extra-wide, extra-soft, high-flotation tires! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I suggest going to the dealerships and spinning a few turns on THEIR grass, with the tires you think you want, and see what happens. Keep in mind the tighter turn radii you need on your property and mark them out somehow before you test. That's what I did, and found, like some others have mentioned elsewhere, that turfs can cut on the tighter turns, but otherwise mark the least (if not spun), followed by R4s, then ags. There was essentially no difference on the straightaways. It helped that several dealers had the same models on their lots with different tires. You might find, though, that one of the tractors you're interested in gives very different results from what I experienced, and there's lots of reasons why this might happen.

By the way, powering through a spot where another tractor might be spinning its tires doesn't automatically mean without digging in. That's better than getting stuck, but if the primary concern is marking and rutting, the best thing to do is stay out of the soft areas with any heavy equipment and mow with a push mower, rather than trying to guess in advance what -might- happen.

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #15  
If I took both the Kioti and Deere to my house with the same tire setup and mower setup for each brand and mowed my front yard with each tractor. I'll guarantee you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

That amount of weight difference will not show in my yard at all. I guess I'm going to have to take a picture of my front yard since I mow it with a heavy tractor (DK65). /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

RedDog

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That amount of weight difference will not show in my yard at all. I guess I'm going to have to take a picture of my front yard since I mow it with a heavy tractor (DK65). )</font>

I agree.
I mow my lawn with a DK 35

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #17  
I recently purchased a Kubota B7610 with MMM and FEL. At this point, I'm wishing I had a RFM instead - the MMM is very vulnerable during FEL work, and if the ground is muddy the top of the mower gets caked in mud from the front tires. I think the RFM would be a better choice if you're planning on doing a lot of FEL work. If you don't plan to use the loader very often, the MMM is easy to mow with, cuts well, and may be a better choice. By the way, I narrowed my tractor choices down the the CK20 and the 7610 - either would have been a good choice. I would reccomend avoiding the sub-cut class of tractor alltogether - my personal opinion.

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #18  
RFM vs MMM:
This may be a restatement, but if you are going to be mowing around a lot of trees and what not, i would go with a MMM. I used a RFM for about 4 days and couldnt stand it. It swings out opposite of the way you turn, and I mowed around some trees in reverse b/c it was the only way i could get close to them. Also, if your mower is the same width as your tractor, and if you have any fences/landscaping that follows a straight line, it can be a pain on the first pass b/c either ur front end or ur mower will have to swing into the fence/landscaping to turn away from it. Neither of these things are problems with a MMM.

Keep in mind this is just my personal advice, and maybe i havent spent enough time on a RFM to figure it out all of the way? But MMM's are definitely easier to use.

/ Kioti Vs Deere - what to buy... #19  
IMHO I think that the mowing should be done with a lawn or garden tractor. I've been doing it this way for 4+ years now and never worry about how close I can get to something. Also, they're comparable in cost to a MMM or RFM. G