new DK55c

/ new DK55c #1  

psuedofarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55 Cab, 3 NHs (from 40-90HP)
well, it really wasn't such a long wait (4 weeks from when i placed the order), but patience paid off. the new DK55c is at the farm!

some brief observations after 17 hrs in the seat:

- easy to use. this is my first tractor - and it's not my grandpa's massey. it's easy to operate, extremely nimble for a machine its size.

- excellent feedback through the steering wheel. i didn't think i would like the steering, but when you're in the seat for 4+ hours a time, it's amazing how you forget that you're driving something that weighs 5,000+ lbs. turning radius' are fantastic.

- transmission is fantastic. i was under the mistaken impression that with all the loader work i intend to do, i would want that hydrostatic (hence the reason for originally wanting the 'bota L5030). i used the loader for 4 hours the first day (non-stop) - found the transmission user-friendly and easy to master.

- fit and finish exceed expectations. for instance, the ergonomics of the cab are superior than the 'bota. for example, the cab on the L5030 is TIGHT. in that cab my legs are jammed against the steering column. not so in the Kioti. the room inside the cab is fantastic - and all controls are laid out perfectly.

- the BH (a shulte) is easy to use. in 4 hours i popped 20 stumps (average size 32"). granted, these stumps were in the ground for quite some time, but the machine has more than enough power to quickly remove them.

- the HD 72" FEL is a self-leveling charm. at one point i was having difficulty figuring out how to get a VERY large rock out of the way. put the tractor in low (and 4x4) - next thing i know the rock 'disappears'. get out of the cab to find the rock lodged into the FEL (locked in place was more like it). simply picked up the FEL and moved it to where i wanted it. then i moved it again (cause i could!).

loads more to report - will do so shortly (along with more pics).

overall, i would rate this machine a 10. it has exceeded expectations, has performed flawlessly (despite a loosened hyrdraulic connection on the BH), and has done everything i put in front of it.

the experience with the dealer was (surprise) also superior. i honestly felt like i was the only person on the agenda (for the dealer). i truely feel that when doing business with a small dealer, you'll get better, one-on-one service.

my dealer, ken valenti, did things to get the deal done. when issues arose during the purchasing, he tackled them - and never once put his customer anywhere but the #1 spot.

i could not be more pleased. now, if i could just ignore the warning in the cab that reads:

"Warning: Sleeping in the cab may cause death."

more to come.

pf

'finally farming in NH!'

Attachments

• 464415-dk55c.gif
    464415-dk55c.gif
    96.5 KB · Views: 664
   / new DK55c #2  
Congrats on finally getting your tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great looking machine! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What did you mean when you said that you weren't sure if you'd like the steering? Are you talking about not liking the power steering? Just curious.

Looking forward to more great pics! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ new DK55c #3  
After 44 hrs I'm just as happy with my D55C. All I have done so far is mowing and some loader work clearing small trees and moving dirt.

KiotiMutt

/ new DK55c #4  
Congratulations! The new DK55C looks great. I, too, look forward to the expanded report and photos! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ new DK55c #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( - transmission is fantastic. i was under the mistaken impression that with all the loader work i intend to do, i would want that hydrostatic (hence the reason for originally wanting the 'bota L5030). i used the loader for 4 hours the first day (non-stop) - found the transmission user-friendly and easy to master.
)</font>

That's a terrific looking unit! Congrats. I must point out however, that you must qualify HOW you were using your loader for 4 hours.

Have you ever operated a machine with HST and a loader before? Ease of understanding and mastery of the gear transmission is not at the dillema of geared machines with loaders on em. Unnecessary repetition of [transmission] actions (clutch work and gear selection is the issue).

The only repetition of action (other than ooader joystick) on the HST is done with one foot.

Did I say that was a pretty machine? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ new DK55c #6  
Great looking tractor, congradulations!

/ new DK55c
<font color="blue"> What did you mean when you said that you weren't sure if you'd like the steering? Are you talking about not liking the power steering? Just curious.
</font>

i wasn't expecting such fluid control (that is, like a car) in the steering. previous experience with tractors was with those that didn't have any form of power-assist.. steering wheels were large and to turn the wheels you needed some serious strength.

i have alot to learn!

/ new DK55c #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i could not be more pleased. )</font>
I knew you were going to love it! I loved just sitting in the one at my dealer's. You're right for sure about the cab space. I'm rather small, and the cab on the DK55 seems like a break room! Looking forward to some action shots. John

/ new DK55c #9  
I have to ask,

"- the BH (a shulte) is easy to use. in 4 hours i popped 20 stumps (average size 32"). "

I have to ask, what is a Shulte? where did this brand come from and do you have specs on it such as dipper force, 8' bottom etc?

/ new DK55c #10  
Psuedofarmer,

Beautiful tractor. Congratulations on the new arrival! Get some action pictures for us. I am glad you are finding it to be so easy to use.

I just ordered a DK55c. Should be delivered later this week. I can hardly wait.

DaveinVa