kioti lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / kioti lawsuit #11  
Kubota Corporation and Kubota Tractor Corporation,............. I think they lost /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thats my perception anyhow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Round one, where's round 2 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do not like bullies.......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ kioti lawsuit #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thats my perception anyhow
Round one, where's round 2
I do not like bullies.......... )</font>
Kubota has a history of playing hardball. They won't even consider helping a consumer with parts for a gray market Kubota. I agree also with Don about telling the difference between a lot of vehicle types.
I think the thing that got Kubota the most was the misrepresentations that a lot of early Kioti dealer's were engaging in, telling buyers that the Kioties were really Kubotas in disguise (or at least some disguise) which Kioti attempted to quell. We've even had posters here tell us how the dealer told them the Kioti was a Kubota, and one poster even said, "It says right on the side of my tractor, Kubota."
That was another law suit the Kubota had pursued and some dealers lost in that one. John

/ kioti lawsuit #13  
You know Kia Motor Company and Hyundai has taken several "styling cues" from a certain Mercedes vehicle in order to help move their product. Good marketing or riding the coat tails for those who want a Mercedes but cannot afford one? You decide. I doubt if it is illegal, however I spoke with a Kia sales person who informed me that everyone knows that Kia is now of the same quality of the Mercedes and otherwise you are just paying for the Mercedes name. Hmm, a Kia is certainly not a Yugo, but I'll draw my own conclusions about it being every bit as good as a Mercedes! Obviously you are open to draw your own conclusions with cars and tractors. Afterall, we live in a free economy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif It is all in the good name of salesmanship!

/ kioti lawsuit #14  
Uh, it's hard to tell the difference at a glance between several other automobiles and a Mercedes, like for instance a Lexus. And I gaurentee that Mercedes takes THEM very seriously! Kubota obviouly is quite concerned about Kioti, or the silly suit would not have happened. Kioti quality IS every bit as good as Kubota. Sorry you paid too much.

/ kioti lawsuit #15  
I think you talk waffle, Mercedes vehicles in my opinion are a nasty peices of metal for there cost, I own 2 Kia cars, they cost me 1/3 of what mercedes would have cost and will last as long or even longer. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ kioti lawsuit #16  
You guys are slow, this was posted on other websites 2-3 weeks ago. I have tried to find out more details about this but haven't been able to. I'm curious to see if there are styling changes. No doubt they are riding on coat tails, but I don't think that has to carry such a negitive connotation. All startup companies do this to a degree. If it was just the color I bet they would get by, its the business of telling people that it is a Kubota that puts it over the edge.

/ kioti lawsuit #17  
<font color="blue"> You guys are slow, this was posted on other websites 2-3 weeks ago. </font>

That's because this is yesterday's, actually yester-years, news. Your the one that's hypin' it.

This rates right up there with a yawn. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don

/ kioti lawsuit #18  
To20Chris: LOL! If it is as good or better, why does it get absolutely blistered on resale?? You likely have a nice tractor, but you are just fooling yourself to think that it is in the same league as a John Deere or Kubota. Ya know, there is a reason for some of the price difference. As I said previously, and I shouldn't have picked on Kia, but Kia has come up tremendously in quality but are still fighting the stigma of being "cheap Korean junk". I spent all day with my buddy who owns a Kia dealership, and he told me that the Kia's are quickly approaching the quality of his domestic franchised vehicles. However, they are still not like a Lexus. For good or bad, in my opinion, it is only smart business to take into consideration the quality of the item you are purchasing as well as it's desirability and resale value. Unless, of course, you want to consider it a "throw away product". Then resale value does not come into the equation. I buy with my brain and not my wallet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeehaa, that ought ta fire you up! If it was a better product and it had good parts availability and held a good resale value, I'd buy a Russian Zil to drive. I'm not necessarily a Kubota fan at all, I buy the best quality product that is going to be the most economical in the long run. Obviously we disagree on that. So be it. No problem or hard feelings on my side! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ kioti lawsuit #19  
I feel that after owning both a Kubota and a Kioti, the Kioti is easily a match for Kubota in quality. I wouldn't claim either to be superior to the other - it's a level playing field. As for resale, that can only be explained due to name recognition - JD, NH, and Kubota have it, Kioti does not yet. That also explains the (generally spoken about and factual in my case) lower initial cost of a Kioti versus JD/NH/Kubota. If I were like you and couldn't pick out a tractor that could serve my needs for more than a year or two, I would certainly overpay for the brand name so that I could get somebody else to take it off my hands in a year of two (after all, if you shell out extra bucks for the brand name, so should other folks - "There's one born every minute").

Kioti is easily in the same league as JD or Kubota in overall tractor quality, although they still lag in dealer network. I can only assume that folks such as yourself that paid more to get less must have to console themselves by stating that they got a much better quality product, as is obvious by such objective clarifications as "better feel, better drive feel, better fit and finish" instead of nuts and bolts facts. As long as it helps you sleep at night, that's a good security blanket for an obviously very insecure person.

/ kioti lawsuit #20  
<font color="blue"> I buy the best quality product that is going to be the most economical in the long run. </font>

From another Dargo post....

<font color="blue">I have my first issue with the 5030. Anybody else have the foot control for the HST become too sensitive? I can't mow or use my tractor at all now unless I use the cruise control. Otherwise, it is so jerky it practically slams my head off of the windshield and rear window alternatively. </font>

hmmm.......

Me thinks people that live in glass Kubota houses should not throw stones.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.