Ready to buy a Kioti!

/ Ready to buy a Kioti! #1  

country350

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
After looking around at all the major manufacturers I have come to the conclusion that Kioti offers the biggest bang for the buck. I am looking at getting a tractor with a front end loader to mow my lawn (2 acres) and do various task around my property (11 acres) such a brush removal, bush hogging, food plots, and snow removal. I also will be using it at my cabin which is about 40 acres. I will be using it there for clearing land and making trails. Which tractor is best suited for me? I was looking at the DK35, DK40 or a DK45. Would the DK45 be too big? My local dealer gave me a price of $16,00 for the DK35 with a Rino loader. He gave me a price of $18,000 for a DK45 with a Rino loader. Are these good prices? I curently have a Massey Feurgeson 65 diesel which I really like but it's getting a little old and it's time to replace it.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ready to buy a Kioti! #2  
The DK's are awesome machines... I wouldn't think with all you're planning on doing that the 45 would be too big. As a mower it might be a bit large for your smaller lot, but with all those jobs together I think you could easily justify the 40 or 45.

Good Luck with it.

/ Ready to buy a Kioti!
I noticed that the DK45 has electric pto engagement while the DK35 is manual. How does the electrical version hold up over time? Is it durable? Are there any other issues or areas I need to be concerned about besides regular maintenance?

/ Ready to buy a Kioti! #4  
The DK35 also has the electric pto engagement on the rear PTO. The mid PTO on the DK35 does have a lever for engagement (by your right foot), and is turned on and off by the switch on the dash. The switch on the dash controls both the mid and rear pto on/off, the lever for the mid pto allows you to turn it off and on independently of the rear. We have never seen a single problem with the electric pto engagement on any of the Kioti tractors.

/ Ready to buy a Kioti!
Are these good prices?
DK35 $16,000 with Rhino loader
DK45 $18,000 with Rhino loader

/ Ready to buy a Kioti! #6  
yes those do look like some good prices. I would take the DK45 if i was you, it's a steal at 18,000....

/ Ready to buy a Kioti!
Really, it's that good of a price? That was his initial price too, I didn't haggle with him yet either.

/ Ready to buy a Kioti! #8  
For the extra $2000 the DK45 is a lot more tractor. Check out specs like ground clearance, the DK45 is a real nice size for working in rougher terrain. What FEL were you quoted?

/ Ready to buy a Kioti! #9  
It's an excellent price on the DK45, and I think you won't go wrong and later want more power as you might with the DK35. I'm sure the 35 would do what you want, as it is a strong puller and well made, however, the extra 10 HP will sometimes be needed and you will be able to use larger implements. That's a good bit of land you're caring for.
That price is only about $2500-$3,000 more than a CK20HST with loader, so you're getting a lot for the money.
I just tried a 45 out at my dealer's last week. It's awesome. I might go with a Woods loader or a Kioti 15XX, no 14XX as there have been complaints about the rollback power (after getting the bucket full, moving the loader bucket back toward operator). John

/ Ready to buy a Kioti!
I was quoted a Rhino loader on both the DK35 and DK45.